seven

CHAPTER SEVEN - Kasey Williams

It had been two weeks since I stayed at Ryker's for dinner. Two weeks since I'm 90% sure he would've kissed me if Ben hadn't interrupted.

Ever since, I've been going insane, thinking about what would've happened if we had kissed. I don't know if it's smart for us to be getting involved like that, especially not when Ben's so young. Would he understand? He's never had a mother figure around, other than Hailey but she's more of an aunt. It would confuse the hell out of him.

"Kasey!" Georgia's voice cuts through my thoughts. "Are we losing you to your thoughts of Ryk again?"

I let out a sigh and take a sip of my glass of wine. "Yes, I'm sorry. It's just that, well, things took a different step a couple of weeks ago and I'm still stuck on it."

Sophia gasps as she sits up straight, her eyes wide. "No way. And you didn't tell us?"

With a shrug, I take another gulp. I'm going to need it to get through this. "I didn't think it was anything worth telling but I've been thinking about it constantly and I need something to tell me it's an awful idea."

Hailey looks at me curiously, subconsciously twirling her engagement ring around her finger. God, she's lucky to have someone as amazing as Brody. "Are you going to elaborate or leave us hanging?"

"Well, we were just talking and then suddenly, we were all up in each other's space and we nearly kissed before Ben interrupted and now I'm going crazy because I told him I'd give him another chance but I don't think it's the right thing to do because of Ben and now I have no idea what to do," I let out all in one breath. God, that felt good to finally get out.

Georgia shrugs. "Fuck him."

"Um, what?" I choked, utterly confused. Ryker hasn't done anything wrong in this situation, has he?

"No, not like 'Fuck him, he's a dick'. 'Fuck him' like he's got a dick and you should use it," she says with absolutely no shame.

Sophia raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure that's a good idea? You know nothing good comes with just sleeping with someone."

"Yeah, Gee," Hailey sighs and that's when I know there's something they're not telling me. They know something.

I look between them. "What's going on?"

Georgia shakes her head. "Nothing."

"She deserves to know," Hailey says quietly. I deserve to know what? What the hell is going on here?

"Guys, seriously," I breathe out. "What are you talking about?"

Hailey and Sophia both look at Georgia intensely. Suddenly, I'm not a hundred percent sure I want to know what I'm assuming she's about to say. With a sigh, Georgia gives me an apologetic look. "Ryker and I used to, um, well," she stumbles and instantly, my mind's racing. Did they date? Is that it? Oh my God, that would make him instantly off-limits. I can't date my friend's ex. No, no, no. "We used to hook up. Like, quite a lot."

Okay, that is somehow ten times worse. They used to hook up? As in Georgia has slept with Ryker, multiple times, casually? I get it. They're both gorgeous human beings who are always around each other because their best friends are dating but holy shit. I think I'm in shock, to be honest.

"But it was over a year ago," she tries to reassure me. "Nothing has happened in, like, eighteen months. I promise. It was never anything more than sex. I wanted it to be but he didn't so nothing happened that's why it's slightly awkward between us now." She takes a deep breath and looks straight into my eye. "And now I'm digging myself into a bigger hole than I was already in so I'm going to shut up now."