|four| : broken promises

It was hours later when Bella woke up. Donte was walking into her room quietly, but the barely creaking door woke her up. She had always been a light sleeper.

"Sorry, sorry," he said softly. Bella yawned and sat up. She looked around, brows furrowed in momentary confusion. And then she remembered what happened and where she was.

"You're fine," she sighed. "What time is it?"

"Like 10:30. We leave in half an hour," Donte said slowly. Bella rolled her eyes and flopped back down.

"I'm not going." She said.

"Bella, come on," Donte sighed. She shook her head no and rolled away from him. He let out something somewhere between a laugh and a sigh. "Ash sent me up here to get you," He sighed. Bella shook her head again. "Bell," he said. Donte was the only person that called her Bell.

"Here's the thing, Donte. If Ash wants to use me as a lab rat to test his drugs, then Ash can come get me himself," Bella snapped. She twisted her head around to face him.

"What?" Donte asked. His face contorted into confusion.

"Oh, convenient of him to leave that out," Bella grumbled.

"Give me a minute." Donte excused himself. He left the door open and walked out. Bella rolled out of bed and went into the bathroom, stretching her shoulders and legs as she did so. She spent a few minutes in the bathroom, and jumped when there was a hard knock on the door.

She opened the door with wide eyes, expecting to see Ash. But it wasn't him. It was the two guys he was talking to earlier. She recognized one of them as Jack, the man who tossed Ash the gun he used to kidnap her. Bella tried to slam the door shut, but Jack's foot got in the way. He forced the door open and grabbed onto one of her wrists, pulling her out.

"Let me go!" She screamed. The other man grabbed her hips from behind her to try and contain her. Bella thrashed in his hold. He spun her around and slammed her against a wall. Her head bounced off and she blinked hard to refocus her vision.

"Markus," Jack said lowly. Markus held her wrists above her head so Jack could put zip ties around them. Bella tried to wiggle away from him, but one of Markus's legs between hers made that impossible. He landed a hard strike on her eye while Jack secured the zip ties. Jack grabbed onto one wrist to pull her away. Bella fought back, tugging angrily and screaming profanities at him.

Markus grabbed her from behind flipped her so he could toss her over his shoulder. She kicked her legs frantically. Her foot caught him in the face. Markus slapped her ass and she left out a yelp.

"Calm down, baby. You're alright," Jack said. He grabbed her by her neck and forced her head up. She choked, her body weight pulling her against his hand. "You're gonna have fun tonight," he mumbled. His thumb grazed her jawline before his hand fell away, letting her flop back down.

Two minutes worth of carrying later, Bella Adams was being thrown into a trunk. She made eye contact with Donte, who was fighting to go to her. Ash held him back by his shoulder.  Bella gave both of them a helpless look, and then the trunk shut. Darkness surrounded her.

She sighed loudly. The first thing she did was try to break the zip ties. It didn't work.

Then she rolled around in the dark to try to find the flap for the tail light. She grabbed it and peeled it back, but wasn't able to kick the light out. She let out a quiet scream of frustration and rolled when the car made a sharp turn.

Bella counted 10 left turns and 7 right turns, and estimated they were in the car for no more than an hour. When it rolled to a stop, though? She wished they would keep driving forever.