Uno

Flashback December 30, 2019
7pm

"bro 2020 is going to be great!" i say as me and alissa walk down the beach, ever since her and banks broke up i've been by her side everyday, i keep trying to convince her to move in with me but she keeps saying she doesn't wanna get in my way. LOSERRRR. "i wonder what the new year shall bring us." she says as we stop and admire the sunset. "let's hope for the best." i say
"success." alissa said while staring at the sun barely above the water.
"finance" i add.
"true love." alissa adds
"that new dodge challenger that comes out soon." i say while trying to hold in my laugh.
"oh shut uppp" alissa said while giggling.
"but most importantly... you're mental state." alissa says while looking at me.
"i'm fineee" i say as i throw my hair behind my shoulder.
before alissa could say anything her phone started ringing. "it's alex" shes says looking at me. me and alex haven't talked in months after i found out he cheated on me. "answer it" i say as i sit in the sand.
"Hello?"
"hey alex"
"oh sure"
"i'm actually on the beach with wynnie right now"
"uhhh hold on"

"alex wants to speak to you" alissa says while handing me the phone.

bold = alex
"hi alex.."
"hey winter... i don't know if you got my text but we are throwing a welcome back party for Nordan tomorrow and we all would really appreciate it if you could make it."
i stayed silent.
"hello?"
"oh sorry umm i don't know if that's a good idea"
"We all really miss you"
oh wow so they aren't mad after i just up and left everyone after you cheated on me? is what i wanted to say.
"i um i gotta go alex."

i gave the phone back to alissa, as much as i really wanted to go because nordan was my bestfriend, i just don't think i'm ready for that yet. "i'm gonna head home i'm kinda getting tired." i give alissa a hug and walk to my car slowly hearing her voice fade as she continued her conversation with alex. i get in my car and drive home.

i walk through my front door and stand in the middle of my kitchen contemplating on if i should go make dinner or go upstairs in my room and go to bed. i decided to go to my room but by time i get to the top of the stairs i get a text message from alissa.

Alissa🧸
"i think we should go."

wynnie💗
i dunno i'll sleep on it. i'll have my mind made up before lunch.

Alissa🧸
okay baby i don't want you to feel pressured into this either.

Wynnie💗
thank you

i put my phone on my dresser and go to sleep

End of Flashback