20. Ryan's POV

- Ryan's POV -

I felt awful for what Olivia was going through and couldn't imagine what she was going through. 

She may have been kidnapped, but talked about a happy childhood with parents that loved her and that bond was hard to break in just one day, especially since she hadn't gotten much, or any closure with them.

My chest physically hurt to see Olivia in so much pain. I hated seeing her cry and wished that there was more that I could do to help, but I felt like I never knew what to say. I tried to comfort her, rubbing slowly circles on her back like my mom did when Isabella cried. 

I tried to focus on rubbing her back and not on the fact that she fit so perfectly on my lap.

We talked in the car a while before Olivia said that she felt well enough to go back to my house. She insisted that I stop at the grocery store and I followed her to the bakery, where she picked out a layered chocolate cake for my parents. I didn't think it was necessary, but she insisted so I didn't bring it up again.

I could tell she was nervous as we neared my house and I reached towards her, giving her hand a slight squeeze. 

She sent me a small smile and I had to remind myself to look back at the road as I pulled into the driveway. Man, I never wanted to look away from her. She had the most beautiful smile.

"You sure you're ready?" I asked as I put my car in park. She let out a deep breath and wrapped her small hands around the cake.

"Yeah, I'm ready. And Ryan, thank you for everything," she said, her voice still quivering a little from all the crying, but I could tell she was trying to hide it.

I had no idea how Olivia had become so strong. From the day I met her at the police station in Chicago, she had overcome so much and always seemed to hold it together so well. Even just tonight, her world was once again turned upside-down, but only a few hours later, she was ready to go back inside to face my parents.

I wasn't surprised that she wasn't ready to face her family yet; I'm sure she wanted to sort through everything herself first. Although, I was a little surprised that she agreed to stay over tonight, not that we hadn't slept in the same bed before. I tried not to think about it too much, but just the thought of spending another night with Olivia made my pulse quicken.

I pulled myself out of my thoughts, nodded at Olivia's apology and opened the car door. She followed suit and I placed my hand on the small of her back as we stood in front of the door. 

She let out another deep breath before nodding to me, signaling that she was ready to go inside.

I opened the door and watched Olivia step forward, walking directly towards the dining room. I was surprised that she didn't wait for me, but quickened my pace to follow her.

I was surprised that my parents were still sitting at the dining room table, both of whom looked up when Olivia stepped inside.

"Dear, I'm so sorry," my mom said, standing up.

Olivia spoke up almost immediately, "I'm so sorry for storming off earlier."

My mom looked a little surprised, I think she thought the same thing that I did, that Olivia's actions were justified for such big news. My mom sat back down, not wanting to interrupt Olivia since it seemed like she had more to say. I loved how kind my mom was; she was always so willing to listen and support people she cared about.