Chapter 47

"LETS GET OUT OF HERE!" chaeryoung strongly suggested, as they heard the cries of countless vampire civilians outside growing closer.
      No one disagreed. Soobin lifted Hueningkai onto his back with the help of yeonjun. They sprinted out the doors, then into the air to make it back to the city.
      "TAEHYUN LETS GO WE HAVE TO LEAVE!" beomgyu tried to get Taehyun to stop attacking the bodies of the already well dead elders. He was terrifying, overkill wasn't enough of a word, he was shoving every last drop of blood from the waterguns down their throats. They had bite marks all over their dead bodies, it truly looked like a nightmare.
      Beomgyus hand quivered as he reached to Taehyuns arm, trying to pull him away. Taehyun swung his arm back, slamming beomgyu to the stone floor. Beomgyu felt so many things break and pained but the look of taehyuns bright red eyes and very large fangs growling above him was more of a problem.
     Taehyun stopped when he saw beomgyus crying face below him. Beomgyu was terrified of him. Taehyun was terrified of himself, what had he done?
     Beomgyu took the chance to get away from Taehyun, running after the others. Taehyun couldn't believe what had happened, and he stumbled to his feet, taking after beomgyu.
      Soobin burst through hueningkais house door, laying Hueningkai on the livingroom floor so there would be plenty of room.
      Chaeryoung came through like a wildfire. "Soobin."
     "DONT-! HES FINE!" soobin bit his arm and started giving his blood to Hueningkai through mouth to mouth, desperate to turn him full vampire so he would heal quicker.
      "SOOBIN STOP IT! NO MATTER HOW MUCH BLOOD YOU GIVE HIM HE WONT HEAL IN TIME! YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH BLOOD IN YOUR BODY!" chaeryoung pushed soobin back from Hueningkai, revealing soobins sobbing face.
      Soobin held his face with his bloody hands, making the most pitiful sobs into them. A couple desperate screams escaped along with them.
      "LETS ALL GIVE THEN! SOOBIN ITS ALRIGHT CMON....CHAERYOUNG YOU FIXED EVERYTHING BEFORE DO IT AGAIN WE CAN ALL SHARE HALF!!" yeonjun rolled his sleeves up and bit into his arms, letting it drip into Kai's mouth. Beomgyu, who had just arrived in a manic state, got pulled by yeonjun and bit. He couldn't even speak before more chaos was happening.
     Yeji, Yuna, Lia, and ryujin and dripped their share as well, trying so hard to save what they had fought for.
      Soobin swallowed his tears and forced all the blood that they were sharing into hueningkais mouth, he hoped Hueningkai wouldn't remember this 'kiss' even if he made it. It was bloody, tearful, harsh, and awful.
      Chaeryoung stopped them when she saw all of them almost as desperate as soobin.
      Soobin waited for Kai to move but despite all their effort nothing was working, he had to be full vampire now, they had given him so much blood his body should be filled to the brim! Soobin fell back against the couch and cradled himself.
     "Soobin....we tried everything.....but, what's gone is gone....we should start helping everyone with their injuries instead of taking away more blood that could help them heal...." Chaeryoung was crying too but was trying so hard to be the voice of reason.
      Yeonjun hugged beomgyu, facing both of them away from Hueningkai. Everyone felt like they had lost now, winning the war was nothing now that they lost one of their own.
      Taehyun finally caught up to beomgyu, but was met with even more grief and failure. He got so angry seeing Hueningkai dead and everyone in pain. They have now ruined his whole life, he couldn't fix it this time.
      Taehyun screamed and beat the wall, throwing furniture and punching a hole through almost everything. "THIS IS NOT FAIR!!! WE WON!! THEY LOST!! IT CANT END LIKE THIS!!WE WERE ALMOST THERE!!!! WE WERE ALMOST THERE!!!""
      Chaeryoung gawked at the hysterical Taehyun. Instead of utter horror, like the others were staring at Taehyun with, she saw hope.
      But what she had in store was just more bad news for Taehyun, after a brief sunshine.
     "Taehyun we can help Hueningkai with you." Chaeryoung tried to gain the boys attention.
    Taehyun, a mess, hair sticking to his forehead, heavy panting, torn clothes. Looked to her with utter chaos in his mind.
    "WHAT?! WHAT COULD POSSIBLY FIX US THIS TIME?! YOU WANT TO POISON ME AGAIN? MAYBE CAST A LITTLE VOODOO SPELL AND MAKE HIM A ZOMBIE TOO?!"
       Beomgyu couldn't believe that the same person who was so calm, savage, and mature was now acting like an insane person in front of him. Taehyun might as well have been dead for the way he was acting, he didn't seem at all like Taehyun. He couldn't blame him though. It was almost comical how they were so close to happiness, but it always somehow got ripped from under their feet. Now death was irreversible and they had lost in the long run.
      "Just trust me and stop freaking out alright?!" Chaeryoung snapped at Taehyun. "LOOK WHATS HAPPENING. IS LOSING YOUR MIND GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING?! DONT YOU LOVE YOUR FRIENDS ENOUGH TO LISTEN?! YOURE THE SMARTY ARENT YOU?" chaeryoung had enough of taehyuns temper tantrum. It was embarrassing seeing a man of such respect fall apart at a time like this.
       Taehyun stopped and caught his breathe, giving a laugh and combing his hair out of his face with his hand.
     "Yeah. Ok. Let's hear it, how can I save Kai?" Taehyun wasn't amused that the girl who betrayed everyone was trying to tell him how to mourn his friends death.
       "I won't tell you why it works until after, because you won't like it. So you'll have to trust me again first ok? We don't have a time limit for this, so compose yourself first."  Chaeryoung did deep breathes, gesturing for Taehyun to try as well.
     Taehyun thought this whole thing was a joke. It had to be a painful dream right? Soobin would never recover from this, they wouldn't have Hueningkai beside them forever, they didn't win. A little witch can't fix death. He didn't want to calm down right now. Forget mentioning that beomgyu was too afraid to look at him.
     Soobin gave Taehyun a desperate look. He looked dead, they all looked dead.
     "Tae......if there is a way to fix it.....wouldn't you keep fighting?.....you might fix it but if you don't even try then we officially lose. If you give up, we lose. We're friends aren't we? If you think that nothing can get better from here, then could you do it just because I think it can?" Soobins voice sounded so soft, so steady towards Taehyun.
     Taehyun looked around the room at his friends. He can't remember when he became the one getting smart talks, what had happened to him? He nodded.
     "You're right, ....what can I do chaeryoung? I trust you." Taehyun gave chaeryoung a much kinder tone and gaze, asking honestly what their hope was.
       "Just give him a little of your blood. Just a drop would do., That's all." Chaeryoung tried to speak softly to keep Taehyun from thinking she was playing with him.
     Taehyun nodded, what could possibly make this situation worse? So he kneeled and bit his wrist, letting a singular drop of blood fall to hueningkais mouth.