Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

IT was two weeks after homecoming and everything was perfect, too perfect for Toni's liking

IT was two weeks after homecoming and everything was perfect, too perfect for Toni's liking. Toni fears that she will screw things up. She had taken Cheryl to Pop's and that evening had even ended with a kiss on the lips. The taste of her cherry lipstick was unforgivable and the lipstick stains were a work of art.

In some way, like the theme of the homecoming: happily ever after, this was their happily ever after. They were finally together and happy. Though they both have been keeping a secret from one another, Cheryl is depressed and hides it with a fake smile while Toni knows otherwise. There is no simply happily ever after unless you were a princess or a very lucky person.

And Toni wasn't a lucky person (she was more of an unlucky person), as currently, she is watching her girlfriend packing for a trip to Hell. (Kidding, just an annual Blossom dinner party but same thing.)

"Babe, you look fine." Said Toni. She was sitting on the edge of Cheryl's bed next to Cheryl's suitcase, watching Cheryl stand in front of a mirror examining a dress.

Cheryl sighed and ruffled her hair using her free hand. "My outfits need to be stylish and chic or my relatives will bitch about it." She said as she put the dress back on the rack and grabbed a red blouse and black pants.

"How does this look?" Asked Cheryl, turning around to show Toni.

"It looks good." Said Toni, nodding in approval. Cheryl threw the piece of outfit to her and Toni caught it, Toni got off the bed and started folding the clothes.

Toni folded the clothes and carefully tack them above the pile in the suitcase. Toni sighed as she looked at Cheryl who was looking in the mirror. Toni walked toward Cheryl and stood behind her, wrapping her hands around her waist and putting her head on Cheryl's shoulder.

"What is it, TT?" Asked Cheryl, directing her gaze at Toni.

Toni frowned and said, "I hate watching you like this, Cheryl. You look gorgeous in every one of these outfits and who cares about your relatives."

Cheryl smiled softly and kissed her on the cheek before replying, "Okay, fine. I will stop debating on what to wear and instead, let's focus on something else."

Toni wiggled her eyebrows and smirked, "Like what?"

Cheryl simpered flirtatiously. She unwrapped Toni's arms around her waist and held her hand. "Oh~ I can think of a lot of ways-" Said Cheryl.

Cheryl's door opened and Penelope walked in with a displeased expression at the sight of Cheryl and Toni together. Cheryl glanced over and straightened her posture, still holding Toni's hand.

"Mother! What are you doing here?" Asked Cheryl, with a mocking tone.

"What am I doing here? I live here, for Goodness' sake, Cheryl." Scorned Penelope. She looked over at Toni and her eyes narrowed. "I should ask you the question, dear, what are you doing here... at my house?" Asked Penelope.