The Next Day

I was woken up by my mom who asked me why I was crying. I was about to tell her what happened but stopped and remembered what Uncle Johnny told me last night. Instead, I told her that I just had a nightmare last night and she just said she was glad I wasn't anything serious. If only she knew

  When it was time for dinner, Uncle Johnny came out of his room and stared at me, I flinched and ran to my room. I could hear my parents talking and wondering why I ran off. I hear Uncle Johnny tell them that he would check up on me. When I heard his footsteps getting closer I locked my room door and sat in a corner. Uncle Johnny knocked on my door and asked if i could come out for dinner. I didn't respond. In fact I didn't leave my room the whole day.

  I woke up in the middle of the night crying and sweating, with chills all over me as I relived every single moment of that night. I heard mommy knock on my door asking me to let her in. I got up and unlocked the door. As soon as my mom came in I hugged her and she did too. She carried me to my bed and asked why I haven't been myself lately. All of a sudden I broke down and told her EVERYTHING about what Uncle Johnny did to me. She started crying and hugged me and took me to her room to sleep with her and dad. Little did I know, Uncle Johnny was listening in to our conversation and was furious.