The insanity of mind

In the valley of Orewood, the bold noble family lived in peace. The valley was ruled by King Alfred Zi Etnawood. He was kind, brave and merciless to whom that betrayed. This led him to gain the title "The Demonic God of Whiteland".

He's tales of greatness had no reach to it but, more he had tales of his, time betrayed him more. He may have gotten old but passion for his family and legacy never did. He had two son and single daughter. He expressed in fearful ways that the war ends but never the quarrelling between his two wives. However, this ended bitter after that day. The day when heaven cried out loud and motherland move the terror upon the mankind.

The rocky mountains of iron split fire and forest turned black .Where King saw the life drowning to Hell from the Lotus palace. He ordered to flee the valley. He saw the legacy and bright future of the nation he created to ashes. While he only survived that he knew the Gods have gamble again with him. The tall, old and bold King finally laid out the knees to the ground shading the tears of sorrow. The sun was setting seeing the Whiteland Orewood to ash. Then, a sound emerged weak but calmly crawling in his head," Alfred are you even king" .The heard whispers," Alfred the last One". The laughing of old man .Alfred screams in fear. He noticed it's not a dream.

Then, a green fog wandered for the depth of bright. Little by little the light turned bigger and bolder with sinner rotten smell of blood. The old man appeared and said," Tick tock says the clock .The one that dies and are lost. I guide as the line and they dearly reach me calling "The Gate Keeper of mine". Alfred asks "Where I am?"  .Well, Keeper says calmly," You died and now you need to answer my mortal Hines" .Alfred with no clue, keeper being his last hope. He leaves with Keeper to explore. Alfred thinks that why is he still alive after being dead?
Unanswered he walks through the door of light. A shivering feeling reaches Alfred at that moment. Reasoning more why he only stands? Every step he took he felt sinner. The past moments of his last life flashing and stabbing the proud lion.  Harder and harder each step breaking in moments as if he was a fragile flower. Piece by piece petal hits the ground. Until he realizes it's too late to turn back. Suddenly, Keeper says," Last one chance that’s what he said"
In blink of an eye Alfred woke up. He breathes heavily. His body's frozen and looks at the city of Orewood from the same spot. He listens the quarrelling of his wives. He smiles for a second but it fades slower that he realizes," What if it's true? " . Now he didn’t wanted to be the great that he once was but he has to serve his country. Completely drowned in dilemma king thinking .Spending the whole day wandering the cost he must pay. That impacted him so much that he forgot the real value. Then, the sun settled and it when dark. He slept but he woke in another place. His half body was submerged under the pool of blood. A scarlet view that made mighty king full of fears and trauma .King Alfred was confused between reality and dream.
He dragged a question," What is the value of life I'm living?" In a moment, the voices reached him," Choose wisely". Confused Alfred looks. The blood disappears and moonlight touches him.
He didn’t sleep that night. Haunted in stress where fear seeps through his bones? Even the mighty king got shivers while seeing the blood. Next day, he decided to quit the post the king. Since, he saw himself misfit for it. Little did he know the unknown yet to come? Both heirs to the throne died while king was trapped in his madness. Month seem days to him and he didn't question the death of his sons. Once a prosperous city of Orewood, fell apart. Some blamed King. Some blamed his council and others view it absurd to live and serve the city. Many migrated and many died .While King was viewing the city .Getting old and rusty.
Many tried to over though him but city died more and more in civil wars. Rotten on his throne he sat. While people betraying him was cut and tutor .Every night he spend the insanity took over him. Not even family live with him and leaved him alone. But, one day he saw the scarlet dream again and he saw his dead body. Shocked he again and again calls the keeper but the keeper doesn’t respond. By now people titled him "The Mad King of Scarlet land".
The king realizes the mistake when no one was in the city. It was wasteland. He committed suicide on the pond of blood that he has slayer from people. He dies slowly drowning. He sees his dead body again. The light was opening as if it's a door. This time Alfred didn’t see the keeper but a single man. The man standing laughs exploding and says," You disappointed me again and again".
Alfred replies," Who are you? What is happening?"I expected you to speak utter non sense. I don’t even need to represent myself to the insanity of one bad day. The life you lived is delusional and absurd .So, Alfred. Tell me what is the meaning of your life? Alfred looks speechless in silences .Questioning the fortune, fate and only true that he can differentiate. What is true and false? What is it that relates to bad or good? .It meaningless. Alfred asking," What is happening to me?" The man answers," You lived so many live to prove me this, Keeper?" The man snaps his fingers and Alfred rather Keeper sees his failures. And, curse of the Gate Keeper remains.
***THE-END***
‐----------------‐-----------------------------------------------------
Story by: MisterZ
He wrote it quick one shot as a challange.
Enjoy!!