00.1

i

i.

❝𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬, 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭❞

ࡔࡔࡔ

WE ALL GO to schools and colleges to learn and get educated but, they never really teach you how to survive in this world.

When your life gets hard as you grow up you get all absurd thoughts and you will start questioning this and that, unfortunately, we can't get answers to the most.

"What is the foremost reason for overpopulation in society? Who's going to answer this question?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and blinked coming back to the classroom I'm sitting at. Ugh.. how long till the class is over? I'm done for the day already.

"Because condoms are expensive duh!"

One of the jocks from the last bench shouted making everyone laugh and giggle, and the other jocks hollered and whistled while the girls giggled and murmured to each other.

God, these people..

Rolling my eyes at the comments, I averted my gaze to the poor lecturer who looked uncomfortable. He tried to stop them from making noise but just at the time, the bell rang indicating the class is over.

'Finally...' I thought to myself as I packed my things, while everyone rushed to go out.

Once everyone's out, I slowly crawled my way out of the corridor that's packed with nerds discussing the upcoming semesters and the jocks bullying few innocent students as usual. And the girls gossiping about the various topics.

Typical college students..

As I quickly made my way out, someone called my name.

"Lia! Wait!"

My close friend, Gabby, running towards my direction catching her breath. She is literally the one person I talk to, apart from a few classmates. She is a member of one of the popular clubs in our college, not to mention she is quite known among students and very pretty too.

"Gabby.. hi," I said with weariness

"What's up? You coming to our honors club party tonight? I reserved a seat for you since it's usually pretty packed! All the girls, hot boys and even hot profess-"

I stopped her lively talk in mid-way clearing my throat.
"No.. gabby I'm not coming" I said biting my bottom lip.

I am not interested in dressing up and going to parties and hit on the 'hot guys' like those girls. I know they say college life is fun and you won't get all these days back when you grow old and all but, call me boring. But, I just don't feel the point of going to clubs and parties.

"I'm sorry but I got plans for tonight.." I said in a quiet tone walking out of the campus as gabby followed me.

'Yeah. Mopping around in PJs and Netflixing while eating gummy bears is my plans'

"Look..lia I know you're not the type to go out and party and I don't know what's going on in your life you won't talk about it..but— some things are better left as it is, no matter how hard you try to change them, some things won't change. It's for the better cause but you gotta have a firm heart to accept the fact" gabby said holding my hands.

I looked at her with my brows scrunched, I was about to ask her why she said that out of blue. but, someone called her and dragged her away from me, so I made my way out of the building bidding her goodbye.

As I reached my house door, I could hear him screaming at someone on the phone as always. I walked in quietly and gradually picking up my pace reaching the stairs to my room. I don't have a mother or siblings, I live with my father who never really cared about me and always considered me as a burden. I plopped down on the bed staring at the ceiling as much as I want to close my eyes and sleep, I can't.

I realized it's too hard to fall asleep when there's so much in your head.

All of a sudden, I started to feel nauseous, grabbing my bag again along with my mobile I climbed down the staircase and quietly made my way out.

"Where the hell you think you're going again brat?"

I can hear him yelling at me but my ears are numb. I started walking slowly to the place where I always go whenever I feel down.

I've been sitting here with a couple of books for 3 hours. Yes, the library is my escape-from-reality. I always come here and the old lady who's the librarian.. we became friends because not many people come here or not many talk to the poor old lady.

I looked around and noticed only a few nerd kids were there getting notes and reading books. I sighed and rubbed my temples which started to hurt. One of the signs of dehydration, oh yeah, I didn't have lunch nor do I have water with me.

"I should probably head back now.." I mumbled to myself grabbing the books and putting them back on the shelves, I smiled and waved at the librarian and walked out, shoving my hands into the front pocket of my hoodie, I began to walk quietly.

It was around 6.30 in the evening now and it's kinda quiet, I hummed to myself, the sky looked beautiful, the sun setting down and it was a mixture of pink, blue and orange shades splattered across the sky. I smiled looking at the birds flying in a flock probably heading back to their houses as well. I was too caught up with the beauty of nature until I stepped on something

"Oops!" I yelped looking down, stepping away from it, and looked around the deserted street.