Chapter 11

Artemis POV

"Percy and Jason are in the hospital." Aphrodite said with tears in her eyes while we looked at her in shock, then as if we all read each other's mind all jumped up and quickly put on our coats and headed outside.

"Follow me, we know where the hospital is." Charles said as we got in his truck as he quickly started it and pulled out of the driveway.

Linebreak

"Ma'am are Perseus Jackson and a Jason Grace here?" Aphrodite said frantically while the doctor at the front desk looked up "Yes ma'am, they just arrived around fifteen minutes ago." she said "What happened?" Piper said worriedly as she spoke "We got a call from a truck driver named Ben around 11:53 P.M., said he found two young men in the middle of the road, freezing. Said one was cradling the others head, then fell unconscious after saying his name was Perseus Jackson." she said.

"But what happened?" Travis said as she calmly spoke "It's no doubt a car crash, whoever hit them was driving fast and knocked their car off the bridge, luckily Perseus and Jason got out of the car in time before it fell off the bridge completely." she said while we looked at each other worriedly "Are they okay?" I said shakily.

"I do not know, we already have workers pulling their car out of the wreckage and are checking around for anything suspicious but police are already checking the area for the driver. The truck driver, Ben, said when he tried to lift them up they screamed in pain, he slowly turned them around and saw both of their backs were burned severely, possibly third degree burns while Perseus had metal in his left leg, ceasing any chance to move. Police think Jason pulled him out, but as soon as they were out the other car exploded, thus giving them the burns." she said while I felt tears in my eyes "When will we be able to see them?" Piper said as she shook her head.

"I honestly don't know ma'am. When they brought them here, Perseus had stopped breathing while Jason had a very weak pulse." She said sincerely while I burst in tears while Apollo pulled me in a hug "He'll be fine." he said as the doctor spoke "There is a waiting room down the hall, we'll tell you when their finished." she said while we nodded and walked down the hallway till Aphrodite stopped and spoke "Who did the car belong to? They find out?" she said as the doctor moved through some papers for a few minutes till she spoke "The car belonged to a Gabe Ugliano." she said while Aphrodite froze and looked at her in shock.

"Thank you." She said in shock as we appeared in the waiting room "Whose Gabe Ugiano?" Zoe said as Aphrodite spoke "He was our step father, a drunk and terrible person in general. He would try to beat me and Percy." she said while we looked at her in shock "Think he did it on purpose? Just to hurt Percy?" Calypso said as Aphrodite nodded. "It would sound about right, Gabe never liked us but he hated Percy the most." she said wiping the tears out of her eyes.

"If he did do it on purpose which I'm sure he did, how did he know where Percy was headed?" Leo said "He must've listened to the game on the radio or followed the bus home and waited till Percy left then did it." Charles said while we sat there in silence while Apollo still held me in a hug.

Linebreak

Sally and Poseidon appeared about fifteen minutes later as did Zeus while we all sat in the waiting room for about seven hours, hoping to see Percy and Jason.

About twenty minutes later a doctor came into the waiting room "Perseus Jackson and Jason Grace's family here?" she said looking around while everyone stood up while she looked slightly shocked "Okay, um we managed to get the metal out of Perseus's leg, but he can't be running on it for a while so that means no sports for both of them. They did suffer third degree burns but they have yet to wake, we fear they might be in a coma. They have showed no reaction the entire treatment but we aren't entirely sure. You may go see them if you wish, they are in room 43B on the second floor." she said while we thanked her as we all squeezed into the elevator and headed to room 43B.