Chapter 3

It's been 1 week since the games started. No one has died since day 3. We go hunting again, and find someone. Katniss and Rue. Marvel throws the spear at Katniss, but misses and hits Rue instead, prompting Katniss to shoot him. The arrow digs into his chest. Glimmer runs to his side. Katniss is comforting Rue. I kneel beside Glimmer, who's crying beside Marvel. "I love you." She whispers, before his cannon fires. Glimmer is in tears. She kisses him, before we leave so the hovercraft can collect him. Glimmer is still crying. "You loved him, didn't you?" Marina asks. She smiles sadly and nods. I think for a moment what I would do if Cato died. I can't live without him. The rest of the day is a blur. The only tributes dead are Marvel and Rue. Marina and Glimmer are asleep already. I stare off into space. "You okay?" Cato asks me. "Yeah." I say, but I'm a little sad by Marvel's death. He grabs me and pulls me into a kiss, and I kiss him back. I pull him closer to me, sitting on his lap. I wrap my legs around his waist and he pulls me closer. We stay like this for a while, until we break apart for air. I stay sitting in his lap. "Pay attention to me." "We were just making out like 2 seconds ago." I wrap my arms around him. "I don't see your point." He pulls back me to him. "I love you." "I love you too." I fall asleep, my head on his chest. When we wake up, an announcement is made. "Attention tributes, today there will be a feast at the Cornucopia. But this is no ordinary feast, each of you needs something desperately." Don't know what that is. Something we need? What do we need? I look and see that our supplies have been stolen. Great. So food? That makes sense. "What the fuck? Who did this?" It makes sense. Finch. "That girl from 5." "I'll kill her!" Cato says angrily. Glimmer and Marina look mad too. We make our way to the Cornucopia. We see Finch dart out and grab her bag and run off before we can catch her. She'll die soon enough. "I'll grab the bags, you guys stay here." I tell them. "Okay, be careful." Cato tells me. I kiss him. I run out to the grab the bags and see that little boy from 3. How is he still alive? I throw a knife and it lands in his back. He doesn't die, so I decide to leave him. I grab his bag. Just as I'm about to grab the bags, someone runs at me and tackles me. Katniss. She holds a knife at my throat. I get scared, but I can't find my voice to scream for Cato. I pull my head back trying to escape the knife, but then someone pulls Katniss off me. Cato. Katniss is terrified. "PEETA! PEETA!" She screams. Cato slams her against the Cornucopia multiple times until she falls still. I stand up and he hugs me. "You scared me! I thought I lost you!" He sounds on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry." I kiss him. "It's okay. I was just scared that she'd kill you."  We grab the bags and run off. Peeta kneels beside Katniss, and begs her to stay with him. "Katniss, please don't go." He sobs, holding her in his arms. Two cannons fire. We stole the District 3 bag too. Some wires and stuff. Useless. Our bags contain food. All of them. 1,2, and 4. That's good. "We should probably get some more firewood." Glimmer says. "Okay, I'll go with you." Marina responds. They leave me alone with Cato. I don't want to tell him, but I'm kind of terrified of Peeta now. I killed the girl he loved, and he's beyond angry. I think of it was me and Cato in that position. Cato notices I'm terribly quiet. "What's wrong?" I turn to him. "Nothing, I mean I don't know." I'm sitting in his lap, with his arms around me. We start making out again. His lips trace along my neck. It feels so good. It's like we're the only 2 people in the world right now, until we hear 2 screams. Glimmer and Marina.