chapter XXI- mY landlords are doing something

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE- MY LANDLORDS ARE DOING SOMETHING

+++

"What the hell is going on in there?" Chloe gasped while staring at the partly opened door.

"I..I don't want to know." I stuttered and started taking a few steps back when she grabbed my arm and tried to pull me towards the room.

"What? We cannot spend the entire night while Listening to mum and dad getting on it! We have to do something!" Chloe told me.

"But what can we do? I don't think it will be very graceful to interrupt them now." I tried to pull my hand away.

"But we can at least request them to keep it down?"

"How would you do that?"

She stood there while tapping her finger against her forehead, thinking of a good way to request the landlords to stop.. whatever they are doing inside the dark room while making uneven sounds.

"I got this. But you stay here, behind the backdoor, okay?" Chloe started taking off the helmet on her head and when done, she handed it to me, along with the hammer.

Funny how Jane Foster turned into Natasha.

Chloe shoved me behind the backdoor and closed it in front of me and made her way for mummy and daddy's room, leaving me in complete darkness, in between the bushes, behind the door, outside my house.

I am outside my house in a dark atmosphere at two in the morning.

Nothing to be scared of. I'm a big girl. I can fight every ghost that comes in my path. I'll not let anyone or anything scare me. I'm not afraid of anything. Braveness is in my blood. I can do this.

Ssss...

Alright. I'm gonna pretend that I didn't heard that.

Ssss...

Everything is good. I didn't hear a very suspicious sound. It was nothing.

Ssss...

It must be the sound of leaves getting rubbed by each other. It is normal. Hercules is with me, nothing to be scared of.

Ssss...

I'm done.

I kicked open the door and closed it behind me, once I was inside the house. Heaving a sigh, I tried to think of what could be in the backyard. Leaves don't rustle so slowly. What I heard was familiar to the sound of.. of.. I don't know what the sound was familiar too.

When I looked around the house, Chloe was still standing in front of mum and dad's room door. The noise getting louder as Chloe looks at the door with a disgusted face.

"Chloe! What the hell are you doing? Fucking knock, already!" I whispered loudly.

"I.. Cannot. They are really busy!" Chloe answered back.

"That's not a good excuse! Back off! Let me handle this!" I made two long steps and pushed Chloe away from the door. Taking a few deep breathes, which felt like I am trying to survive on Carbon monoxide, I used my knuckles to create three consecutive knocks on the back of the door.

I thought that would work but it didn't. Mum and dad kept yelling, moaning, unintelligible things.

I knocked again. This, time a little heavily. But it still didn't catch the attention of the landlords.

Why can't they hear this knock? Are they still inside the room? If they aren't, then they probably are inside the closet. But why would they do something like that inside the closet?

This time, out of anger, because they awoke me from my sleep, without thinking, I kicked the door open.

"What the-"

"Holy shit." I grabbed ahold of the door knob to save my virgin eyes from getting unholy.

"We didn't see anything! Don't Bother! Continue doing whatever you guys were doing! All I wanna say is that keep your noise a little down! That's it! Nighty night and take it easy!" Chloe yelled behind me and started sprinting towards the stairs.

"Oh shit! I almost forgot." She halted and turned around. Snatching away the helmet and hammer from my hands, she went up the stairs, leaving me on my own.

Such a best of friend. Remember kids, best friends are the friends who are with you when your account is being hacked by a Greek god and then when you are in an awkward situations, they take away their hammers and helmets with themselves, leaving you in the awful situation.

Before I could think any further, the door opened fully, revealing a half naked mummy, covered with a blanket, panting like she got caught stealing a popcorn out of my bucket. And dad, well, dad was trying to swipe away the sweat on his back.

"I didn't mean to disturb you or anything, but, my sleep is important. So..." I trailed off.

"Uh, yes. We heard Chloe. We will try our best." Dad assured.

He will try his best? Not even, 'we will stop this shit we are doing right now.'

"Okay. Good."

I looked at mum, to see her smiling at me. I nodded at dad and went to my room awkwardly. At the end of the day, I heard my parents doing something. And maybe see, a little bit. And let me tell you, it was not a quite good sight. I still didn't trust them, they probably started doing that again after they made sure that I am not near their room. So I stood there, near the stairs.

I heard something, but they were slightly soft and not very loud, at least it will not distract me inside my bedroom.

I caught a glimpse of Chloe's head, which was tucked out of her bedroom door.

"I hate you." I gritted my teeth and said.

"I never said that you loved me. Goodnight!" She inserted her head inside the door again.

I rolled my eyes at the closed door, even though she couldn't see it. Entering my room, and closing the door behind me, I let go off Hercules as he wriggled in my arms. He went to his place,under my desk and closed his eyes, ready to take the baby nap he takes once a day.

I got under my duvet and closed my eyes, ready to do something bright tomorrow.

+++

Thanks for reading this chapter of the story. Don't forget to vote.

Have a nice day.