Away

Rose retired on her couch last night with a hole in her heart. Everyday felt like an eternity whenever he was away, and it was starting to eat her alive, every minute and every second of it. Her thoughts were betraying her, her heart breaking along side.

She had never been in a relationship like this. Probably the ninety-five percent of the population of women around the world hadn't, too. It was a huge risk, dating a celebrity and even moving in together and starting a new, which only made it more serious and official between the two of them. Rose didn't have any problem with committing to him, that was the thing, committing to Colin was the easiest decision she has ever made in her life. Not really thinking of the situations she'll be in and the consequences of it afterwards. Looking back at it now, it scared her. The never ending list of the things she would willingly give up just to be with him. She knew now how doomed she was, that loving Colin was the closest she'd ever gotten to self-destruction, and yet, she was still here.

Still, despite all that, she had no regrets. Not a single doubt and regret in her heart. Pain, however, there are a lot of them, basically creating havoc in her heart and hell in her mind. And being alone in this spacious, echoing house didn't seemed to help her already hopeless, lonely state.

Colin was in New York to film yet another movie that's supposed to come out next year, and he had been gone for three consecutive months now. To say that she had missed him was an understatement. Rose was aching to hold him again. She misses his scent, his hugs, his kisses and the way their bodies feel next to eachother- his warmth, his arms around her waist and their hands entwined. It was painful missing someone this badly, and not being able to do anything about it all.

And it also doesn't help that she doesn't get any reassurance from him anymore. She takes it's probably because he's tired most of the time and just wants to call it a day, but lately, he's been faltering in his usual routine of calls and have only been settling with texts that mainly just consist of him asking how her day went, his usually I miss yous and I love yous whilst not really saying anything about him and how far more the shooting is gonna go, therefore she doesn't respond to them; Rose thinks if she will, it will only make her miss him more. She only ever wanted to hear his voice again, but even that she could no longer get. Rose didn't want to call, afraid that she would disturb the filming and it would just be immature of her to interrupt her boyfriend while he was working.

People already had enough reasons not to support their relationship, she didn't wanna make herself look bad by furthermore showcasing her immaturity. Maybe she just needs to get herself together, and realize that this is what mature people do in relationships? That it's okay to take their time away from eachother? Maybe it's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder?

But it really was eating her alive.

The thought of it, that he might actually be with some other girl, holding her the way he used to hold Rose, caressing her the way he used to caress Rose. She was losing her mind just picturing him with another woman, and the growing pains in her chest made thinking rationally an impossible thing for her.

Plus, his job. It's extremely painful being an actor's girlfriend, especially actors like Colin, who's considered an actual celebrity heartthrob, whom even celebrities fancies, mainly plays roles in romantic movies that obviously comes with kissing and doing some very vulgar, rather intimate scenes on screen. She hated it secretly but she never said a word to him about it. Rose wanted Colin to think that she was matured enough to handle it, but in reality she wasn't. She didn't want Colin to think that he was wrong for dating a girl way younger than him, people liked to point that out and she just wants them to be wrong about it. But boy, were they right- she really couldn't stand it.