Chapter 31: Betrayal?

Chapter 31 Betrayal?

"I can't believe we are actually doing this." I heard Kameron muttered.

"Well believe it." I replied.

We were standing in front of The Gate. It was 9pm. Luckily our parents were not coming home tonight. They told Alex the butler to watch over us. We found a way to sneak out but I still felt guilty for doing that to Alex.

"Lets get this over with." Fany said.

Fany has been in a bad mood ever sine she found out that we were suspicious about her and Stark. I couldn't really blame her but she has to understand the situation we were in. And of course, I didn't tell her about Stark and Cole.

All is fair in love and war.

"Ok. Lets stop stalling and get in there." Gomin said, stepping through.

We followed him. It was dark and cold. We were all dressed in fully black. We were prepared for anything and everything. Fany used magic to store our food and other necessities so we didn't need to carry bags.

"Lets hurry up. The longer we stay, the more we are at risk of dying." Kate said, bluntly

"Geez, since when did you become so blunt?" Kameron asked.

Kate shrugged. "I guess I've been spending too much time with Stark."

We made our way. Everyone was quiet, lost in their own thoughts. Me, I was worrying about everything. Will we find The Great Book? Will Danny be ok? Will we all make it out of here alive? Will Robby come back? All questions with no answer.

After a few minutes passed by, Kameron and Kate started arguing about nonsense. I couldn't blame them, they probably wanted to get their minds off of what we were doing.

I turned towards Fany. "Are you sure we are heading the right way?" I asked.

She nodded. "Positive."

Fany was the only one who knew the way around Dormaselor. Her and Stark have been here before, during the war.

"I'm just saying, your pranks are meaningless." Kameron was saying.

"Meaningless? They are not! It makes me laugh and I like laughing so they are very meaningful." Kate replied.

"Well, they aren't even good."

Uh-oh.

"Oh. So you think my pranks aren't good enough?" Kate asked with a raised eye brow.

"Yup." Kameron replied, popping the p.

"That's funny, I'm sure I remember you wearing makeup once. I wonder what Livy would say if she knew?" Kate said with a smirk.

"You have no proof. I'll just deny it." Kameron replied, calmly.

"Oh shoot, your right. How can I be so forgetful. You are truly smart, my dear brother. If only I had pictures of every prank I've ever done on others?" Kate dramatically said, sagging her shoulders. Then suddenly her eyes lit up

"Wait a moment, I think I do. Don't I Mickey?" She asked me with a smirk.

I giggled. "I'm sure you do."

Kate looked at her brother. He tensed. "You wouldn't dare."

"Oh, wouldn't I?"

After 2 hours of listening to Kate and Kameron bickering and Gomin bragging, we finally got there.