The Farewell Sermon Of Pr.Muhammad

Praise be to Allah, we praise Him and seek His help and forgiveness and repent to him, and we seek refuge with Allah from the evils of ourselves and from the burden of our evil deeds ,Whomsoever Allah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but Allah alone with no partner, and that Muhammad is His slave servant and Messenger. I recommend you worshipers of God to fear God, and urge you to obey Him! And open with what is good, to proceed :

"O People, listen well to my words, for I do not know whether, after this year, I shall ever be among you again. Therefore, listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today.

Verily your blood, your property and your honour are as sacred and inviolable as the sanctity of this day of yours, in this month of yours and in this town of yours. Verily! I have conveyed this message to you."

Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Behold! None commits a crime but against himself, none offends a father for a son, nor a son for a father. Behold! Indeed the Muslim is the brother of the Muslim, so it is not lawful for the Muslim to do anything to his brother, which is not lawful to be done to himself

Behold! All Riba (usury) from Jahiliyyah (the era of ignorance/pre-islamic) is invalid, for you is the principle of your wealth, but your are not to wrong nor be wronged - except in the case of Riba of Al-'Abbas bin 'Abdul-Muttalib - otherwise it is all invalid. Behold! All retribution regarding cases of blood during Jahiliyyah (the era of ignorance/pre-islamic)are invalid. The first case of blood retribution invalidated among those of Jahiliyyah (the era of ignorance/pre-islamic), is the blood of Al-Harith bin 'Abdul-Muttalib who was nursed among Banu Laith and killed by Hudhail

Beware of the devil (Satan) for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

Indeed, the postponing [of restriction within sacred months] is an increase in disbelief by which those who have disbelieved are led [further] astray. They make it lawful one year and unlawful another year to correspond to the number made unlawful by Allah and [thus] make lawful what Allah has made unlawful.

Time has taken its original shape which it had when Allah created the Heavens and the Earth. The year is of twelve months, four of which are sacred, and out of these (four) three are in succession, i.e. Dhul-Qa'da, Dhul-Hijja and Al-Muharram, and the fourth is Rajab which is named after the Mudar tribe, between (the month of) Jumaida (ath-thania) and Sha'ban .

I enjoin good treatment of women, for they are prisoners with you, and you have no right to treat them otherwise, unless they commit clear indecency. If they do that, then forsake them in their beds and hit them, but without causing injury or leaving a mark. If they obey you, then do not seek means of annoyance against them. You have rights over your women and your women have rights over you. Your rights over your women are that they are not to allow anyone whom you dislike to tread on your bedding (furniture), nor allow anyone whom you dislike to enter your houses. And their right over you are that you should treat them kindly with regard to their clothing and food.

Indeed Allah, Most Blessed and Most High, has given the right due to everyone deserving a right. So there is no will for an heir, the child is for the bed, and for the fornicator is the stone, and their reckoning is for Allah, Most High. And whoever claims someone other than his father, or an affiliation with other than his Mawali, then upon him is the continued curse of Allah until the Day of Judgment. The wife is not to spend from her husband's house except with her husband's permission.' They said: 'O Messenger of Allah! Not even food?' He said: 'That is the most virtuous of our wealth.' And he said: 'The borrowed is to be returned, the endowment is to be refunded and the debt is to be repaid, and the guarantor is responsible

Be mindful of your duty to Allah; perform your five daily Salat (prayers) observe Saum (fasting) during the month (of Ramadan) , pay the Zakat on your properties and obey your leaders; (if you do so) you will enter the Jannah of your God .

Every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and Muslims constitute on brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a brother unless it was given freely and willingly.

Beware! Do not renegade (as) disbelievers after me striking the necks (cutting the throats) of one another, I am leaving you with the Book of God (the Quran) and my Sunnah (the life style and the behavioral mode of the Prophet). If you follow them you will never go astray.

I counsel you to have taqwa (fear) of Allah, and to listen and obey [your leader], even if a slave were to become your ameer. Verily he among you who lives long will see great controversy, so you must keep to my Sunnah and to the Sunnah of the Khulafa ar-Rashideen (the rightly guided caliphs), those who guide to the right way. Cling to it stubbornly [literally: with your molar teeth]. Beware of newly invented matters [in the religion], for verily every bidah (innovation) is misguidance.

Oh people , Your God is one and your father (Adam) is one , all mankind is from adam and Adam is from soil , Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you . An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white except by piety and good action.

It is incumbent on those who are present to convey this message (of mine) to those who are absent. May be that some of those to whom it will be conveyed will understand it better than those who have actually heard it ,
(The sub-narrator, Muhammad, on remembering that narration, used to say, "Muhammad spoke the truth!") He (i.e. Prophet) then added twice, "No doubt! Haven't I conveyed (Allah's Message) to you?"

Peace and mercy be upon you