Diavolo X Reader:Soften Up

~~~

Diavolo stared at your scratched up face. You avoided eye contact with him, your arms crossed over your chest.

"(Y/n)...What exactly happened?" The young prince questioned you, pity with his words. You closed your eyes and took a breath, exhaling slowly.

"It was just a fight, Lord Diavolo. I'm fine, you don't have to pity me." You replied casually. Diavolo shook his head, apparently not accepting that as an answer.

"I know you (Y/n). You don't just get into fights, you're too kind for that. This is the second one in a month, there's obviously more to it." You narrowed your eyes at the floor, knowing his words were true.

Even if you were too stubborn to admit to it.

Glancing back to Diavolo, you met his eyes. You knew you could trust him, you knew you could tell him what was going on. But you felt ashamed, and you didn't know how to go about this.

The glint in his eyes told you he wasn't letting you go until you spoke up.

An exhausted sigh left you, and slowly, you told him what was going on.

It was your fifth class. You were already in a pretty pissy mood, from being tormented and teased all day. So when you got to the class you had with Mammon and Beel, you sat and chose to ignore everything. That way, you wouldn't burst and do something you shouldn't.

When Mammon tried whispering to you, you only glanced at him. Usually, you would say something, so this confused the greedy demon.

Halfway through class, someone threw a pen at your head. Snapping your head around, you saw a girl snickering with her friends and glancing at you.

You clenched your fists and turned back around, tapping your foot to distract yourself.

Minutes passed, and you began to hear them whispering about you.

"Can you believe she actually lives with seven guys? She must be a slut."

"She's always so touchy-feely with them! She acts so needy all the time."

"As if a human could actually have a chance with any demon, I bet she's tried fucking them at once point!" They all giggled at their little jokes, speaking loud enough for you to hear and make you become more and more ticked.

'Calm, (Y/n). Don't let their words get to you. You have morals.'

Your hands began to shake because of how tight they were balled. Mammon had taken notice of this. He nudged your leg with his to get your attention. You snapped your head to him, making him flinch.

He gestured to your hands with a questioning look. You released your fists, smiling at the demon and then turning back to the teacher.

Class was almost over, meaning you could finally get the break you needed and not boil over. You heard one of the girls get up behind you, after asking to use the bathroom.

Slap!

You froze in your seat, watching as the girl that just hit you with her purse walked down the isle innocently with a smirk.

You snapped.

You shot up in your seat, hands clenched once more.