[ 04 ]

❝ Do you

Do you... ever wonder why
we meet whenever we're hurting?

_____________

"They never caught the man," He said, staring at the grass. He gulped as teary feeling came back.

"I-It was my-" He felt choked up, and he couldn't stop the tears from rolling down anymore. Her eyes softened. She lifted her hand and rubbed his back, muttering comforting words to him.

"I know how you feel. My mom..." She said, smiling sadly. "She died from protecting me too. She saved me from getting ran over."

"I blamed myself for her death as well," She said, averting her eyes to the sky. "I beat myself for it. I didn't eat, sleep, or talk. I told myself that it should've been me instead of her."

He stared at her in empathy. He knew the feeling all too well; they understood each other. He was glad that he got to tell someone how he felt without them pitying him.

"But you know what?" She said, glancing at him. He hummed in response. "My friend made me realize something."

"He told me that I shouldn't be moping around, blaming myself for her death because she chose to save me. If she didn't save me, then our roles would switch. She would be blaming herself for my death," She said with a sniff.

"My brother said the same thing," He said, laughing slightly. "He told me that I shouldn't waste the life my dad died for. I should live my fullest life because that is what he wanted for me."

She smiled and nodded. "We're in pretty similar situations, huh?"

He nodded, smiling back. It was getting late, but none of them wanted to leave. They sat there, talking about their lives, and got to know each other.

She shivered, making him pull her closer to his body. She blushed, and after debating with herself, she finally placed her head on his shoulder. He smiled softly as he placed his head on top of hers. They sat there in comfortable silence as they watched the sunset with the same thought in their heads. 'I wish this would last forever...'

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

She sighed as she stared out the window, memories of last week flooded in her mind.

"Wait!! Your handkerchief, I have it with me this time," She said, taking it out of her pocket.

"Keep it," He said, making her confused. "It's going to be the reason we meet once again."

"Until we meet again," she's said, smiling.

"Until we meet again..." He said, then walked away.

She gasped in realization. "Your name!"

She looked up and groaned as she watched the car drive away. "I'll make sure we meet properly next time."