Chapter 6 Mamoru

Zeref

Hime excitedly ran into the throne room "dad look I found another magical creature like Happy!" Hime says excitedly barely containing her excitement "is that so?" I ask as she nodded eagerly "yes! meet Mamoru!" she outstretched her hands which held a monkey blinking in confusion "I don't believe that's an exceed Hime" I bent down to her height smiling "I know that but I wanted to show you my new friend" Mamoru moves to her shoulder "I don't approve of Mamoru" Happy says arms crossed "so can I have your cat?" Acnologia asks pointing to Happy "no" Hime replies bluntly "beside Mamoru has a knack for finding me I've actually run into him more than once last time he just followed me here and managed to find me in my room" she hands him a fruit "so Mamoru followed you here?" Mardgeer stares curiously at Mamoru who eats his fruit "strange for him to follow you."

Hime

I walked towards fairy tail with Mamoru since Happy had decided to become a member of the guild staying with a girl named Wendy and her exceed Carla "this is going to be a surprise for Happy" I smiled down at Mamoru who I had grown attached to since Happy decided to pursue Carla and the two had started to get along as well "do I also have to come along?" Acnologia asks in his human form "and do you have to make me wear these clothes?!" he pulled at the black denim "yes and beside it was time you got a haircut" I say as Mamoru nodded in approval "don't you agree with her monkey otherwise I'll burn you" Acnologia says as I pull Mamoru closer to me "you will do no such thing!" I yelled pouting "meanie! you're a meanie!" I pointed to him he just chuckled "I can't seem to take you seriously with that cute face" Acnologia chuckled pulling on my cheek "oh Hime I didn't know you were still in Magnolia" a familiar masculine voice said as we both turned "Kai did you come back from a mission?" I ask noticing the bags "yeah just now" he replied "the others went on ahead while I got something."

A body collided with mine as I entered the guild "Hime! I missed you!" Happy looked up at me "it's nice to see you" I say as Izusa screamed tackling me to the floor Mamoru had moved onto Acnologia's shoulder "Hime you're back" Izusa said crying "I thought you would never come back" she sobbed as I sweatdropped at the ravenette "Izusa you're crushing me..." as she continued sobbing squeezing me and Happy who was crushed in between us "you really should get off Izu" Acnologia said "at this rate you'll also crush poor Happy" Mamoru suddenly appears on my collar pushing her and Happy away with his glowing hands "wow that was fast" I say sitting up Mamoru clinging to me "no fair! why do you always get to be so close to Hime?" Happy asks pointing at him Izusa nodding behind him "so you saying that you're not pleased with me cat?" a deadly aura surrounded the blue-haired dragon slayer "this is getting out of hand."

Mamoru sat on the table beside my mixed berry ice cream sundae "so you found him in the forest?" Ms Levy asks staring curiously at the brown small monkey who stole another berry which I was about to grab "sneaky monkey" he grinned up at me the berry in his small mouth I ended up giving up and handing the bowl to him with the spoon which he happily took "should you really be keeping him?" Gajeel-kun asks peering down at Mamoru who looked at him curiously while I took a sip of berry smoothie "well at the time I didn't have any knowledge of his magic ability since we just had occasional run in's after that he seemed to have find me no matter which way I went the sneaky little monkey even followed me home once but never came inside after that Mamoru managed to navigate himself to my room so naturally I decided to take him in" I explained "beside whenever I leave him to go somewhere else Mamoru seems to find me although I never really say where I'm going he just does it's quite strange if you look at it logically" I shrugged "so when did you find out about his abilities?" Izusa asks "on a mission with the squad I told you remember?" I replied peeking at her from across the table "squad?!" the other three present at the table asks "chief Hime Dragneel Orchid of Amanozako squadron and chief of Fiore's cherry blossom holy knights squad" Acnologia replies as they're eyes widened "seriously?!" "the heck?! two squads?!" Kai and Fullbuster ask unison "yep you're talking to chief Hime Dragneel of the two strongest squads in Fiore the Orchid of Amanozako and Cherry Blossoms although the first is back up in case something were to go wrong under strict orders of queen Hisui and king Arcadios they do get along well despite their opposing squad names" I replied glancing at Lucy Heartfilia-er... Fullbuster who looked shocked "just how strong are you?!" Lucy points a finger at me "enough to be Fiore's strongest female" she places her hands on her temples muttering something about not knowing.

Ms Mira giggled at me as I kicked Kai who was getting too close to Mamoru "you seem awfully protective of Mamoru" she said amused "obviously with all the evil coming after my precious Mamoru" I say glaring at Kai "so he's rare is he?" Fullbuster asks as I opened my mouth to reply "it would seem like it since I haven't seen a creature like Mamoru in ages Mr Gray" Lily replied "which makes it crucial for him to not fall into evil hands" I added "you know the strangest thing I seem to know when Mamoru's in trouble it's as if I have this special bond which I can't seem to name" I stared down at a smiling Mamoru who seemed to sense my gaze tilting his head "I see I'm assuming that's why you're here" Lucy said as I nodded "I thought you might know Ms Levy" I looked up at Ms Levy "I may not know but I do know someone who does" my eyes sparkled "really? who is it Ms Levy?" I ask "hurry up!" I shook the poor women.

I stood in front of the person's house "nope let's go back" I say turning only to be stopped by a stern look from Kai "Hime" I whined while he turned me around I'm probably going to regret this later... my hand hovering above the door as I sweated why her of all people?! the door swung open as I froze a smile plastered on my lips while I sweat buckets the pink-haired women glaring down at me "are you just going to stand there girl?" she asks sternly as I robotically walked into the room "on second thought I'll just go home" I held Mamoru tighter running for the door "oh no you're not" Kai stopped me placing his hands on my waist.

Awkwardness ensued between us despite Ms Mavis' attempt to lighten the atmosphere "what did you need?" Ms Porlyusica asks as I straightened up squeaking "and who is the monkey?" my body relaxed "Mamoru... well I-uh I want-er" taking a deep breath in I calmed my nerves explaining the story to them "I see" Ms Porlyusica says "it seems that you two share a deep connection although I can't say what" Ms Mavis said "well I never would've guessed that Mamoru would eventually find you Hime but he was your mother's companion until that is... that tragedy struck" Ms Porlyusica informed "Mamoru sees Juvia in you honestly you are quite like a lot like her and as energetic as Natsu" I smiled down at the sleeping monkey "so is that why you can find me so easily Mamoru because you see mother in me or is it because you are as attached as I am to you?" Mamoru shifts in his sleep "although that grin of your's is so much like him its heartbreaking knowing they... yet you're so much like them both it brings me to tears to know you'll..." Ms Porlyusica wiped a tear from her eye "Ms Porlyusica!" I say handing Mamoru to Kai who sat silently walking over towards the old women "Ms Porlyusica..." I kneeled down before her taking her wrinkly hand in mines "I won't leave you since there was an annual moon ceremony happening in Hargeon in which I gained my lost memories and was able to replenish my body now the poison isn't there to take away my life" I looked up into her red orbs "I'll live I promise for you... for father... for Mamoru... for my parents and most importantly my loved ones I'm not going anywhere ever nor will I leave without so much as a goodbye" I squeezed her hand "I need you to stay by my side like you always have" I stood up telling Kai that we can leave now turning back to her "even if I decide to give in to my dark side... then please forgive me and just kill me Ms Porlyusica..." with that I left silently knowing full well that the old women could never bring herself to do such a thing despite her angry and rash behaviour towards me I know she cares for me as if I were her own granddaughter since my mother was a lot like her daughter.