Chapter 5: Betrayal

"Hey!" I shouted to them.

Mal froze, Evie sighed, jay balled his fists and Carlos tensed.

"I can't let you do this!" I shouted to them again.

"Annie be quiet!" Carlos hushed. I rolled my eyes.

"No! I don't care!" I can't believe they only care about getting caught.

"And to think I would give you all a second chance." I said shaking my head disapprovingly.

"To think that you were different!" They were all looking down at the floor. And I was beginning to tear up.

"To think that we were all friends."
I finished. They were all nearly in tears. Guilt was flooding through their faces.

"Annie we are-." Carlos began.

"No were not!" I cut him off. "Friends don't lie like that Carlos."

"We're not friends." I said.

It stung awfully to say that.

I heard Mal say, 'we've messed up, she's going to snitch.'

"No Mal I'm not. You go ahead and steal the wand. Go right ahead. It's their in the flesh." I pointed to the wand, that was bouncing up and down.

"But Annie- you don't understand! I know we're making a big mistake!" Evie tried grabbing my hand but I flinched back.

"No the mistake was mine." I said truthfully.

"For trusting you."

~~~

After the encounter with the four, I swiftly turned on my heel and left them. I knew that they weren't going to be able to steal the wand.

Because after a couple of minutes I heard sirens and the four of them running out screaming. I was laughing sadly at them.

They ran passed me, though they all slowed down after seeing me and began to walk over.

"Annie look-." They all began running and trying to get my attention.

"I don't want to hear your excuses!" I snapped at them harshly before picking up my pace and walking faster.

.::Carlos' POV ::.

"Well done mal!" I started. "She hates us!"

"It doesn't really matter." Mal replies and I scoffed sadly. "As long as she's not telling it's-."

"Have you ever wondered why people hate us?" Evie asked Mal, venom spitting through her words.

"Because of our parents?" Mal questioned. I could see the guilt all over her face now.

"Correct." Jay butt in. "True."

"And this was our one chance to prove ourselves. Most people hate us. But Ben.. But Annie? No they didn't. They stayed loyal. Yet all we proved to them is that were EXACTLY like our parents." I cried out to them.

"I don't wanna be bad.." Evie sobbed.

"I don't wanna be my dad.." jay confessed.

"I don't wanna be evil.." I spoke. "Mal..?"

"Guys we have no choice! We have to!" She was crying and her voice was breaking slowly, each of her words were said with heart break. "We have to keep trying. We do!"

I don't want to. I told Mal. She apologetically looked at us all. We were all saying the same message.

"I'm sorry guys. You don't have to be in it." She then ran towards the castle.

~~~

.:: Annie's POV ::.

I went to bed that night, I heard jay and Carlos go in their dorm. Jay was puffing loudly and I could hear Carlos trying to quieten down his on coming sobs.

~~~

It was Monday. Back to school. It had been a hectic weekend and honestly. I was so happy school was at starting, no more drama or nothing.

It was 8am and school started at 9. I had an hour so I went to go get breakfast and then relax a bit.

I walked down to the cafeteria and saw the VK's sitting at a table, the space where I usually sat was next to Carlos. It was open and free.

"Princess? What would you like?" The lady asked.

"Oh right so sorry-." I flustered. "I will just have scrambled egg on toast. She smiled at me and plopped it on my plate. I smiled gratefully and choice where to sit.

The options were:
The VK's..
Lonnie..
Audrey..

Um Audrey was a definite no.
The VK's um no.
Lonnie it was!

You must be thinking. I could just sit anywhere and be welcome and as true as that is. I don't want to bug in.

I walked past the VK table and I saw hope light up in all their eyes, waiting for me to sit down next to Carlos. Though I never did.

"Hey lonnie!" I chirped, she waved at me happily.

"How have you been?" I asked before digging into my breakfast.

"I've been well." She replied. "You?"

"Eh." I said, my mouth being full of food. She laughed.

"I could be better to be fair." I said honestly.

"Well if you'd like to talk I'm always around." She smiles politely.

"Thanks, but it's nothing." I lied.

"Anyways, you usually sit with the VK's what happened? Not in offence way!" She hurried on the last part and I laughed.

"It's okay! And I just wanted to um catch up with you.." I said trying not to at all sounds suspicious.

"Okay.." she said, but I knew she didn't believe me one bit but she didn't want to carry on the conversation. I thanked her with a look and she nodded.

"Well, since you wanted to sit with me, let's ALL go sit together with the VK's." She said, making VK part extra loud so the four would hear.

"As fun as that sounds.." I said giving Lonnie a small stare while she smirked. "I have to get to class.. see ya!" And with that I dashed out the hall.