chapter 29: cheater one

cameron's point of view:

i met madison once or twice before and she was a nice girl, and fun to hang out with. today we decided to hang out and catch up since she was in new york for quite some time recently.

towards the end of the day we decided to tweet about a small meetup at on a beach,

@camerondallas : been with @madisonellebeer all day! come hang out w/ us at venice beach!

almost all my fans didn't like when i got together with her, but if they only met madison, they'd get to know that she really is chill as hell.

"so hows your singing been going?" i asked, keeping the crutches under my arms even though they've been killing me all day.

"great, its been going pretty well.", she smiled, "how about things with you and the guys?"

"yeah we're fine." i shrugged, thinking about how nash and i were really debating on leaving the group.

things went quiet until we heard a girl screaming off to the side, and thats when all the fans came running towards us. we took photos with them, and signed phone cases for a good amount of time while we kind of just all got to hang out.

my phone vibrated in my pocket, there were three tweets from lexee.

@lexeebrooks : i need to tell you all something. cameron and i have been dating for about two weeks now. no im not hacked, this is the truth and it needs to be said. +

@lexeebrooks : but im taking a break from things. twitter, magcon, modeling, everything. i just need time. i dont know if i can do this anymore. i dont know if i can trust anyone anymore.

@lexeebrooks : go ahead, freak out on me. and cameron, if you see this, im sorry for spilling the secret early without talking about it w/ you. but its nothing compared to what you did to me.

my heart sank as i read the words, 'its nothing compared to what you did to me'

but i felt my jaw clench that she told it to everyone without us even discussing it. there had to be a reason though as to why she needed to get it out there.

"everything okay?" madison mouthed out to me as a fan got her phone ready to take a picture with her.

i nodded and faked a weak smile.

the meetup ended about thirty minutes later and i was kind of happy it went by quickly, i needed to ask nash if he knew what happened with lex.

madison and i said goodbye to the fans and got in a taxi since i couldnt drive considering my foot had stiches in it thanks to a tin can.

the taxi driver pulled up the madison's house first, "thanks for taking me out today." she smiled, gathering her things.

"no problem." i answered, getting out of the taxi to walk her up to her door since that was the nice thing to do.

"bye." she smiled sweetly, her eyes leaving mine, taking a quick glance at my lips and before i knew it hers were against mine.

i was caught off guard not knowing she would kiss me, but i surprised myself most as i kissed her back.

she pulled away and quickly darted into her house leaving me there with guilt and what felt like whiplash.

nash's point of view:

i was laying on the sofa in our living room thinking about tonight and everything that happened when i heard the front door open, it was cam.

"hey bro." he called out and i quickly sat up facing him.

"hey, how was today?" i asked, walking over into the kitchen area by our front door.

"it was strange. um do you happen to know anything as to why lexee spilt the news of us being together and said she needed a break from things?" he questioned, walking over to one of the couches.

oh ,just the fact that i told her we basically used her so bart could get his way, and may or may not have told her that im in love with her... i thought to myself, but lied straight through my teeth, "no"

cam furrowed his eyebrows in a deep thought of things as he read over her tweets again, "break from magcon ... will she be at the next one?"

"im not sure." i shrugged sitting back down on the sofa, "maybe you should call her."

"well um, actually i have to tell you something.." he mumbled to himself.

i raised my eyebrows waiting for him to continue.

"w-with madison today or just a few minutes ago actually, she um, she, sh-"

"spit it out bro" i nagged at him.

"she kissed me. and i kissed her back.."

i bit down on my bottom lip hard so i wouldnt freak out on him. i knew he didn't 'cheat cheat' on lex, like he didn't have sex with madison, but he still kissed her.

"but you didnt feel anything with her, right?" i stood up, looking at cam sternly.

he searched for words quickly as i stared him down, "no?" his answer came out like a question.

"you're lying." i said through my gritted teeth.

"no im not!" he said in defense.

"yes you are, i can tell! you're eyes got wider and they always do when you lie! good fucking luck with telling lex considering she isnt in the mood to talk to anyone right now." i mumbled, turning from the living room and walking up the stairs.

i didn't even care if that was harsh, cam and i have fought before, but i was angry with him that he did that to lexee.

"by the way, lexee hates all of us now. she knows about bart and the whole situation." i told him at the top of stairs.

i couldn't keep that in since all i wanted to do was flip cameron off right now.

"what! who told her?" cameron yelled up to me.

"hamilton did!" i yelled back to him, pulling a quick joke.

"nash!" he grumbled, quickly grabbing his crutches and coming up the stairs as fast as he could.

"why would you tell her that!"

"because, she deserves to know, cameron. sorry if it ruins your relationship, but none of us even have a friendship with her anymore."

"come on, she's not like that bro! she could be pissed all she wants but she wouldnt hate us!" he raised his voice, following me to my room.

"you should've seen her then. she cried and screamed at me. she told me i was fake. and we are. we're all fake, cam. we played her just so we could get more money." i stood in my doorway.

"it was all barts idea! didn't you tell her that?"

"yeah i told her that, but we still went along with the plan. come on, dont tell me the money wasnt on your mind as you saw her walk towards you that first day."

"it wasnt. she's worth so much more than just being used for our fame!" he argued.

"tell her that." i looked straight into his eyes and closed the door in his face.