A Vytal Reunion, PT 1

=3 months later=

In the Emerald Forest, an Ursa suddenly crashed through 5 trees, toppling them to the ground. It attempted to get back up, but eventually succumbed to its wounds when it fell down and gradually faded into ash.

The Ursa Major, seeing another of its kind killed, looked towards the one responsible and growled threateningly.

Jaune, not bothered in the least, simply gazed at the Alpha Grimm with boredom in his eyes. To be honest, he expected more of a challenge from the creatures of darkness. But alas, it seems he's even more of a threat to them as a ghoul, than he was as a human.

Deciding to make a meal out of last Grimm, Jaune unleashed his Kagune with the intent of devouring it whole. The Ursa, seeing the enemy become of a threat, decided to retreat and fight another day.

Alas, it was unlucky to be blessed with a merciless foe.

Watching the Grimm turn its back on him like an idiot, Jaune shook his head while mentally sending his Kagune to capture and eat his next meal. Lashing out, the massive worm like appendage quickly shoved the Grimm's lower body in its mouth. Closing its jaws, the jagged and serrated teeth effortlessly severed the head form the body. 

Watching the dissolving corpse travel done his Kagune's body, Jaune felt the RC cells getting absorbed into his body. Willing his Kagune to dissolve, Jaune picked up his coat from a nearby branch, having on topless in his fight against the Ursas.

Only because he didn't want to rip it in the fight.

Zipping up his coat, he began making his way back to Vale, reflecting on the last 3 months.

A few days after Jaune killed those three people, it was declared that Cinder, Mercury and Emerald (weird he was right about her name), were missing. A day later, blood samples from when he killed them were taken, and the three were re-declared deceased. Though the investigation did do some good, bringing some things to light.

It was found that the three of them, plus their wayward teammate who vanished after after, were using falsified transcripts. This tidbit unfortunately put all of Haven Academy, more so Headmaster Lionheart, under heavy watch for anything suspicious.

2 and a half months later, and it was now the time of the Vytal Festival. Last he recalled, today was supposed to the start of the fights. If he wished to see Velvet her and team's round, he needed to hurry back to Vale.

Getting into a runners position, Jaune quickly began bolting through the forest, leaving dust in his wake.

A part of him was interested as to what would happen over the coming days.

=3 days later=

Walking along the familiar path towards Beacon Academy, Jaune slowly walked among the crowd in order to get to Amity Colosseum. He got to watch Velvet's fight on TV in some random bar next to a raven-haired drunk, but now he wanted to actually watch some fights live.

In his peripherals, he could see some students look at him with curiosity. He couldn't see why, considering he merely had his hair in his signature ponytail and wearing his normal clothes; that being his coat which nearly concealed his whole body.

The only thing that came to mind was that they saw him somewhere, but don't know where.

Not bothering with them, Jaune looked around the campus, seeing nothing changed. Same pathway, some gardens, nothing new. However...