Journey of my Moles

I was 5 years old when my father shaved off my hairs as it was too hot. My parents noticed that there are very much black spots on my head. Then hairs come, it was ignored. Time passes, I was getting older, and then my face was full of black and dark brown spots, as my color was fair it was clearly prominent. It was increasing day by day.

My parents opt for homeopathic treatment. I used to take sweet tablets daily. Nothing changes. I have learned to live with that. My parents and friends accepted me as I am. Although first response that I received from people was never welcoming, but with time I get used to it. I hardly see my face in mirror.

When I was in Grade 5 , My mamu took me to his friend's father who was skin specialist, Dr. suggested some medicines , but it was very lengthy process and he says may be it can only lower the color of my spots .. My moles. I took that treatment for 1.5 years almost but of no use, only time and money was wasted.

In my school one of my teacher friend called me in break, she asked me that have I ever counted my moles, firstly I was amazed with her question then answered no. She said that I want to count. I agreed. I was in 7th standard at that time, she counted and told me there are 165 moles on my face only that are cleared and can be seen. On that day when I got home, I got curious that is it possible? So I decided to count myself ...and Yes there were 165 moles that are very prominent and clear and other were very light brown dots .

Some Hakeem and doctors told that it will stop at the age of 16 to 18. After that it won't grow more. But which are present will be present. The only treatment people and doctors suggest was laser treatment, which is not only too expensive but also have many side effects. Also it was told by some doctors that the marks will remain there if I go for laser.

After few months my Khala told about a doctor who was very famous in Hyderabad, he was also homeopathic doctor. I went there; He assured me that treatment will definitely give best result. But after 2 years almost of the treatment I got no results. I stopped that as it was hard for me to visit Hyderabad every month.

Time flies, I completed my Matriculation. Moles stop growing. And I and my parents were fine with it. I even stopped thinking about that.

My father said whoever will have issue that person will by himself go for treatment, we won't go for any treatment now.

Having moles on my face was not any weakness but because of this I feel less confident. I always feel that something is lacking in me. But never let anyone know about what I feel.

My mother vow and do special prayers that moles vanish away. I also pray but without bringing it in anybody's knowledge.

I started working as a freelancer and doing contract based job in my last semester of Bachelors. I started saving money. After my masters, we went to Karbala –Iraq (2017) for ziyarat and did lot of prayers for this.

One more thing was that no good alliance was coming due to this, which was disturbing my mother a lot.

I visited different skin specialists and renowned doctors but the reply I received was always disappointing.

One of the doctor said k if you go through any laser treatment it will get more worse , it is better to leave it like this... this statement was given by director of dermatology department in Sindh government hospital.

One of the doctor said 3000 to 4000 rs per mole will be charged but we need some new technology lasers which we need to buy from some other country so it might take time.

One doctor said that go through cosmetic surgery but they side effects may be dangerous and it's up to you.

I was fed up with all these statements, so I decided for no treatment at all.

Years passed, one day my father gets back home from office and told that one of his fellow person told about his daughter that he got some moles on her face and after some treatment she is better now. So my father asked my mother to call them, talk to her wife and get details.

My mother talked to her and told me about the doctor, as it was near from my home; I decided to give one more chance.

So this is how I reached to Dr Ambreen's Skin and Hair Treatment Clinic. She was very nice young doctor, she examine me and listened to all the details. She was shocked to hear the statements given by famous and senior doctors. She took my case as a challenge and gives me appointment of the following week. 26th March 2019, I got my first session of treatment done. No doubt it was very painful procedure; it is true that there is no gain without pain. But doctor assured me that the result will be very good.

Doctor prescribed me medicines and creams for 3 months and asked me to visit after three months.

It was all paining when I got home that day from clinic, but I didn't told anyone, after 2 to 3 days the marks were darker (she told it on the day of procedure) after 15 to 20 days , some skin started to peel off from my moles , the color was getting lighter day by day leaving some marks.

After 3 months I visited the clinic , she was very happy to see the results, she showed me my pic that she took before the procedure and compare it with me... there was vast difference, I was also very happy with the result.

Next step was another treatment which has to be taken at least for 4 months. So, in June, July August and September, I took that treatment, this was nonalcoholic and non-laser treatment which is similar to facial but it was used to decrease the marks that was left by the first procedure and it also freshen up the skin and removes dead skin.

After this the next procedure Doctor suggested should be taken like after 2 to 3 months. It will not only rejuvenate my skin but also keep it fresh.

After these treatments, in about one year, 80 % of moles were nowhere to be seen... the remaining few are left which were ignored in 1st procedure because there were many moles that are prominently present so almost 45 to 50 moles out of 165 are left , which are bit lighter and can be hide easily through makeup.

I am still using the cream and face wash as prescribed by the Doctor, and doctor asked me that whenever I want I can and get remove the remaining moles too following the same procedure.

I am very thankful to her as I feel more confident now and getting more alliances with positive response ;) (Although I have not agreed to any)