Two

Of all Places

It's quiet while she's walking around the huge wide halls of the building she considers as her home

It's quiet while she's walking around the huge wide halls of the building she considers as her home... pretty ironic if she thinks about it.

Calling a training facility a home where in any second she could've died from the amounts of fatigue the training would send anyone instead of feeling safe and comfortable. It feels like she had been one with the walls ever since the day she was brought to this world by her mother. Unfortunately, said woman just had to leave so soon when Maeri hit 13.

Hands in her pockets as she tries nullifying such feelings while her clicking steps echo in the halls. The stench of cigarettes lingering around as it somewhat clung onto the fabric of her clothes as she makes her way into the same empty flat.

The lingering scar on her cheek illuminated by the lights brightening the halls towards her own space.

Engrossed in her own thoughts of wanting to be someone normal, she doesn't seem to realize that the signal alarm has gone off until her phone vibrates in her back pocket and the siren finally rings in her ears.

"What the fuck?" Maeri mutters under her breath as she looks around and everyone is leaving their spaces, doors slamming open and running in the halls to get wherever they need to.

Someone runs past her and a whiff of the wind brushes against her cheeks and her hood falls back— exposing her under toned hair and a few strands cascading her pretty face; standing confused in the middle of the halls. It still hasn't synced in to her what's going on around her and why the building's siren came off, but she does notice the few people walking/running past her in the halls.

Some just came back from work, and some are walking with hands held dragging each other out and into the fire exit stairs that lead down the ground floors.

Instead, she is wondering what it feels like to live out of luxury without killing people and having them point a gun against each other for the thrill of it all and to expose corrupt asses in the government but yet she still loved what she did— still unable to tell the reason why.

Just like her father.

Who felt pity but yet showed no mercy towards everybody they laid hands on (assholes deserved it though). They stole money from the people and that's just about their job as a secret association that were against greedy government officials.

They weren't activists to be exact, they're just doing the dirty work the people can't do which was get blood on their hands.

She was said to be a prodigy in that game.

The one who is said to inherit all that weight for she might be the last of the Shim bloodline to maintain and develop such system before passing it down to the rumored kids who were said to inherit it the same time she's supposed to.