the void in my heart | Chapter 33

Abhi abhi bhoole bhi na the tumhe
Khayal banke phir tum aa gaye
Ehsaas jo thhe dil mein kayi ankahe
Lafzon pe woh phir yun aa gaye

Saanson ke sarzamin par barshaat la gaye
Ek jhapki mein tere sau khaab aa gaye
Bepannah... bepanah...
Pyar hai tumse
Bepannah... bepanah...
Pyar hai tumse

A tear rolls down her cheek as she watches the trees and mountains go by. She looks towards her right ,her handbag sitting as she rests her head.

Closing her eyes the first thing she sees is him. His smile, his laugh, the way he curled her loose strand behind her ear, his touch on her skin, his breathe on her ear - everything coming to her,everything from when they were young to when she met him again. The way he laughed, his eyes crinkling with bright lights around them. She remembers it was Naihal's sangeet.

His first touch during the wedding ceremony when he tied her knots, a single touch taking her breathe away.

Their first kiss, sweet as honey and wild at the same time. The high that led him to come together again in the night, the passion that sent sparks through her body and for once she decided to go against her better judgement, to go against the reality and let herself have this one. Let herself be touched by him, be cared by him and now she has lost him.

Again

Her eyes open as the car comes to a hault. She looks outside as the driver lets her know they have reached the destination. Taking a deep breathe she clutched her handbag putting on her sunglasses she stepped out.

The time from entering the airport to sitting on the airplane flew by in seconds. She felt like she was floating as she moved along, keeping quiet as she sat next to Karan. She had no intention of even acknowledging his existence. People are still entering the airplane, getting in their seats as she listens to Karan talk about their schedules for the upcoming.

She feels her phone vibrate in her lap but she ignores it having an idea who it might be. Although, they had no plan she knew Harshad is smart enough to figure out she left. The vibration comes to halt and she leaves a shuddered breathe, only to shuffle in her seat as the device vibrates again. She doesn't dare to pick it up, doesn't have the heart or the strength to know what it says or who it is. 

There is a part of her that just knows he must be calling and she doesn't think she has it in her to lie, to make excuses and definitely to tell him the truth. Her decision might not be the best right now but she can't do anything.

She looks to her side at Karan who is deep in his mobile phone, the anger raging in her-an anger she cannot do anything about, an anger she cannot let go, cannot even act upon and an anger she majorly feels for herself.

Her mind is diverted as the announcement commences stating to switch off your devices and signals for the take off. She picks up her mobile and slides up unlocking the screen, notifications of few missed calls staring at her coupled with few more messages. A recent one popped on her screen. It is from Naihal, she opens the message and quickly glances through it.

From : Naihal

Are you alright??? Where are you??
Call me asap Jenny.  I am worried. We both are.

Biting her lip she quickly starts typing , keeping the message short and simple.

To : Naihal.

I am sorry, I have to go, commitments. I will call you once I land. Take care and stop worrying.

With that she switches off the device and slips it in her purse not ready to face him in anyway, not atleast right now. She decides she will see his texts once she gets home, in a space were she can feel freely. So, she only sits back in her seat, trying to relax by pressing her head behind on the headrest and closing her eyes. She takes a deep breathe calming herself down as she thinks,

I did the right thing. This is right. This is my destiny.

He is better without me.

And as the plane takes off she knows she has left a part of herself behind and is taking a part of him, his memory, their memories with her. Memories that are going to help her keep sane, memories that are going to be her hope and her strength, memories she will need to survive.

With his image in her mind she dozes off to sleep, not wanting to think about anything anymore. Her brain already heavy enough with all the thoughts.

***

It's  short
But it is a filler.

Hope you like this story so far. More to come!

Love
Ri x