Chapter 1: Cam-eal

"Good morning princess", Cameron said to his sleeping wife, Leal, and pecked her on her forehead making her stir in bed. She is beautiful, he thought. She'll always be beautiful to him. She finally woke up and searched for the bunny-shaped clock next to their lamp stand. It was past 8, but the blinders were closed letting barely a ray of sunlight into the room.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work already, you have an important meeting at 10." She patted the empty side of the bed for him to sit, and smiled when she saw the tray of omelette and orange juice he had made for them (One of her newest cravings). He placed the tray stand on the bed and opened the blinders, illuminating the room.

Leal and Cameron Cutler have been married for six years. Leal, a beautiful woman, almost ageless with her flawless skin, slim face, high and sharp cheekbones, a perfect nose on her face, slightly plump lips and large brown eyes, matching her long brown hair, and in her late 20's. Cameron, on the other hand, was also a looker. With his grey eyes and light brown curly hair (of paternal origin), a well sculpted body, a perfect set of teeth and a smile that reached his eyes. He had just turned 30. When they got married, Cameron was still in business school, while Leal was in nursing school. They agreed to wait for a while before having children.

"Yes, I do, babe. But you and my babies need to stay healthy. You're more important to me". Then he bent to peck her grown tummy holding their babies, through the thin gown she wore.

Leal was in her third trimester, close to her expected delivery date. They had gone shopping getting cute, matching outfits for the twins since the ultrasound results. Cameron had been so supportive and really excited about being a father since he found out she was pregnant. He never missed any of her checkups and kept sonograms from every session in his wallet. Leal had teased him about it, saying it was creepy but he always smiled and hugged her telling her how proud he was and wanted his babies with him everywhere.

They had breakfast and when they were done, Cameron took the dishes and cleaned it up. Before he left, he kissed her and reminded her of the dinner they had been invited to by his parents.

Leal loved her in-laws, they adored her and treated her as their daughter. Cameron was their only child, and Leal the daughter they didn't have. Her parents had died in a car accident when she was 18. She was already in college, and legal so she didn't need anyone to take her into custody.

She had hours before the dinner at 6pm. So she turned the TV on in the sitting room and lay on her favourite seat, placing the pillows till she felt relaxed. She switched from one station to the other, fashion shows, soap operas, family movies, to comedy and music. Anytime she heard a song she loved, she'd sing loudly and sway her body to the rhythm of the music. After a while, she went to the kitchen to make a smoothie. Adding bananas, apples, grapes, pineapples, yogurt and of course strawberries (which her babies seem to love a lot). She blended the mixture and poured into a tall glass.

                       ***✴️***

After her smoothie, she ascended the spiral staircase leading to the bedroom she shared with Cameron. As she climbed, she felt contractions but ignored it. Her expected delivery date was still a week away, and the last time this happened, it was a false call. She walked into their bedroom, and headed to the bathroom. It was large, just like every other place in the house.

The bathroom walls had baby blue flowered tiles with gold petals giving it an artistic look. A large mirror next to the wash basin. She preferred using the bathtub to the stall. It was more comfortable, she loved submerging herself in the water. She filled the tub with warm water then pulled her gown and stepped into the tub. She scrubbed her body with her strawberry soap and washed her long hair with her strawberry shampoo and conditioner. When she was done, she wrapped herself in a large, soft peach towel.

After getting all dried up, she creamed herself generously, rubbing the shea butter on her tummy as she always did to prevent stretchmarks that usually came with pregnancy and then went into her walk-in closet.

It took her a while to agree on an outfit for the dinner. A royal blue gown with silver embroidery around her bust line, flowing gracefully down her frame, giving her as much comfort as she needed. She picked out matching silver jewelries, her watch and white sandals to go with her outfit. She let her hair down after straightening it, plaiting a little portion close to her ears and merging them into one behind her hair. She laid her edges then added silver hair clips to keep her hair from falling to her face.

Cameron came in while she was adding the last hair clip on her hair. He got her favourite chips and more packs of strawberries for her cravings.

"You look gorgeous princess. I always love blue on you. Scratch that, I love anything on you". He hugged her and kissed her till she pushed him towards the bathroom, making them giggle. He strode into the bathroom for a shower.

"Thank you by the way. How was the meeting, Cam".

"Oh, it was fine, just the board is thinking of a new product for the business".

While he was in the shower, she had light makeup on, patting her face with powder, applying mascara and lipstick. He came out with a white towel around his waist and one he was using to dry his hair. He swiftly put on a Calvin Klein briefs, and struck a pose in front of the mirror in the bedroom, making him look like someone in a fashion magazine. Then he put on his royal blue button up shirt just like hers with a silver brooch. A black dress pants, and a blazer to give it a formal look.

"Leal"

"Cam", she turned to him watching him knot his silver tie.

"I think someone was tailing me, I saw the car while going to work, then when I went through the office gates, it was parked there. I didn't see it when I left the office but when I was close to the house, I saw it behind me. I drove around for a while till he lost me then I came home".

"We need to call the police"

"I couldn't get the plate number but if that happens again, I'll definitely report to the police".
By then he had his shoes and belt on and ready to go.

"It might have been coincidental too"

Leal didn't want to think about it. They were good people, she didn't see why anyone would want to hurt them. They left the house at past 4, getting into Cameron's black Audi and headed to his parents' home for dinner.

~~~~~
So the first chapter is out... I'm super excited and nervous too. I hope y'all love it. Vote, comment and follow, it won't take a second to click on that star ❤️