Chapter 3

It's been a week. A WEEK! And I don't have any kind of response about the scholarship. I thought the interview went well, but today is already Friday and they didn't say anything yet. What did I do wrong?

I hopped that they would contact me or the school on Monday, but that was on the beginning of the week, now I'm desperate and depressed and don't know what to do. The last two days I couldn't focus on anything, to the point that Akaashi yelled at me in yesterday practice an even kicked me out! He even said that I didn't have to show up today if I keep this mindset.

What do I do now?

Does Akaashi hate me now?

What will happen with the scholarship?

Will I go back to my previous future planes? But I don't what that...

Can I live knowing that I fucked up the only possibility of a good future?

Why does everything go wrong in my life?

Why does no one like me?

(Akaashi POV)

It's lunch time and I've been watching Bokuto depress on a corner, he didn't even had lunch.

This week we were able to see him get on a depressed stat that no one knew. And we all know him quite well. On Monday he looked like a live wire, his head was on the clouds, but at least on practice he was able to focus on everything, even if he was more aggressive and quiet than usual.

The problem was he passed from the aggression to only be quiet and slowing down to the point that yesterday he was just like a statue on practice. I thought that if he left the result would be like when he gets depressed and I tell him that I won't set to him, but when I told him to go change he just looked even more lost than before.

Should I go to him? Maybe I should get something for him to eat, he just can't stay without eating all day. Did he even take breakfast?

I grab one of the onigiri I had on my backpack for the afternoon and a pack of orange juice from the machine and go sit right at his side. "Eat" I just drop the juice on his lap and extend my hand with the onigiri.

Bokuto just looks to my hand and his lap but doesn't move a muscle to grab any of the things. "Will you please just eat?" I ask feeling annoyed, but hope he don't notice the annoyance.

He grabs the onigiri and start eating it like if it is paper. There's no change on his expression, he's more depressed that I thought.

After making Bokuto eat the bell ranged and we had to go to class. At the end of the first class of the afternoon I see Bokuto at the same place where he passed the lunch time. Didn't he go to class?

I'm really annoyed and it's time I do something about it. I go to the principal's office and when I get to talk with him it's like I could explode already. "Is there any news about Bokuto Koutaro scholarship?"

"Do you know why Bokuto didn't go to the last class? He had a presentation to do. All his professors are saying he's slaking and that his grades will drop, this way there will be no scholarship to him" Are you fucking kidding me? Everyone knows Bokuto in this school. Can't he see he's depressed by not knowing the results of the interview?

I take a deep breath and ask for the scholarship. "They haven't called yet" is his answer.

"Do you have their number? Can I call them?"

"They won't like it, but that's your problem then" The principle says while writing in a paper.

(Time skip)

Bokuto didn't show to practice. I hoped that he would just be late, but no. After practice I text my mom telling I'm going to Bokuto's and that I might stay the night.

When I nock on the door I'm greeted nothing but silence. I remember the key that Bokuto gave me some time ago and open the door.

Inside it's pitch-black. I call for Bokuto but there's no answer. He has to be home, his door wasn't locked, so I light the light but there's no sight of him. I go to his room, it's the only place beside the bathroom were he might be.

The door isn't completely close and when I push it open I can't see anything inside, again pitch-black. Turning on the light I see that he's laying on the bed, completely covered by the sheets.

I drop my bag on the ground by the door and sit on the bed leaning against Bokuto. He doesn't move so I think it's better to give the news right away.

"I was hoping you showed up at practice" he keeps silent and unmoving "I thought you'd wanted to know, but you didn't show up, so I guess you don't" I'm getting annoyed with his lack of response "It wasn't easy for them to give me an answer but now I think I put all my effort in vain" I'm about to get up and walk out of the room but Bokuto turns around and looks at me with his huge yellow eyes wanting to hear me out now.