2. Dance Evaluation

"Sorn, please report to the conference room." The intercom connected to all rooms in the building rung loudly and I gave the girl beside me a look.

"What did you do wrong now, Unnie?" I teased lightly with a smug grin. She fixed her baseball cap securely to her head with a light huff, "Hey, I never do anything wrong! If anything, it's probably about the stunt you pulled the other day."

I scoffed and got back up to get back into my training, "I already told you about a hundred times now, they will pull me aside, not you. Scurry along, now."

"Whatever, be back soon... I hope." Sorn grumbled as she left the room leaving me all to my own thoughts. I sighed; besides the fake confidence that I've had to display to Sorn to cease her constant worries, an upcoming exam was coming up and I was nervous as always. 

No matter how many times I train and exam, I will never feel prepared enough for the judgmental eyes that burn holes through me as I sing and dance my heart out. I chuckled, it's really been six years since I have become a trainee. Six long years of nonstop work and no payoff.

"Excuse me?" After mindlessly dancing for a few minutes, the door to the training room I was in opened to reveal a guy with bubblegum pink hair. I frowned at his random intrusion.

"Hi... is there something I can help you with?" I stated a little more defensively than I intended.

The male frowned back, "Do you not know who I am?"

"I guess you look familiar..."

He chuckled and walked into the room, albeit without my permission. But alas, I technically do not own this room.

"I'm Lee Taeyong from NCT and SuperM, I see that you haven't done your homework about SM's artists... which is quite odd."

I nodded while fetching my bottle of water to act busy, a little nervous by this particular idol's presence.

"I was just kidding, of course I know you. Nice to meet you, Sunbae. The trainees use you as a reference for dancing a lot."

"So you're a trainee, hm?"

I chuckled, "Of course I am. You would know who I was if I wasn't."

"Are you new, then? I've never seen you around..." Taeyong questioned lightly, seeming genuinely curious as to who I was.

"If you consider six years here as 'new,' then yes I am new."

I giggled at the way Taeyong's jaw simply dropped, "How have we never met then?"

"I can't say I know the answer... but can I ask you why you decided to grace me with your presence? I've never encountered an idol on floor four before." I laughed awkwardly. He leaned against a wall and rubbed his chin in thought.

"I am set to be an evaluator for your upcoming evaluation, so I just decided to drop by and see what you're made of."

I leaned against the opposite wall from him, sneakily examining his form, "Hahh, I've never had a visit from an evaluator before now... Do you guys usually visit examinees or is this something new?"

"Ehh, I was watching some of the promising trainees clips and you piqued my interest. May I watch your routine?"

My eyebrows shot up in shock, but I felt grateful for any feedback that I could potentially receive, "Of course! Will you give me critiques once I finish?" He chuckled by my quick change in demeanor.

"Of course."

He walked to the front of the room, sliding down in front of the mirror. I set up my music and quickly ran to the middle of the room. I decided for this month that I wanted to do something a little more fun instead of the cutesy concept that company executives kept shoving down my throat. I don't know what SM's deal was when it came to giving me a flowery image, but after six years of sickening repetition, I decided it was time to finally do something I wanted to do.