𝙶𝚁𝙸𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁𝚂 ~ 𝚃𝙷𝙾𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚆𝚃

• 𝘀𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘀𝘁𝘆 ~ 𝘀𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗮 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗼𝘄𝗻 '𝗿𝘂𝗻' 𝗯𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀12 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗮𝘄𝗻𝗲𝘆 ~ 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘄𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘀 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗮 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘆 •

minho and thomas had been running the maze as if it was a day just like any other. but it wasn't. thomas was still a relatively new runner, despite surviving the maze overnight, he still needed to get used to it all.

so, he always stayed behind minho, because they needed to run a whole section everyday and if thomas ended up collapsing in the middle of the maze due to exhaustion, well... it wouldn't do well. so, he always stayed beind minho as to not over-exert himself. and minho was the one to suggest the arrangement ahen they first started running the maze. and now he regretted it so much.

it was only about the second day thomas had been running the maze, and minho was so used to running the maze alone, he didn't even notice when the thundering of boots hitting the ground started to only echo one set of feet.

when minho did, he abruptly stopped and turned around.

thomas wasn't there.

thomas wasn't there.

minho ran, retracing his steps, running faster than he had ever run, faster than the night grievers had been chasing him, faster than when he had been running while carrying alby back to the glade.

thomas was there.

thomas waas just lying there, unmoving.

minho picked thomas up bridal-style and ran faster than he had run, even that just minutes before when minho hadn't found thomas behind him. the one thing that lady luck had decided to give him was that it was still pretty early, early enough as to where minho would be able to get thomas back into the glade - if he kept up the speed he was going - with some time to spare.

minho ran into the glade and passed by the rest of the gladers in favor of running straight to the medjacks.

minho burst into the medtent with thomas still tightly held in his arms.

"what th- minho! what happened to him?!" clint said turning into doctor/mother-hen mode.

"i don't really know! we were running and then i noticed thomas wasn't behind me anymore so i ran back, and i found him like this!"

"how long did it take you to noitice thomas wasn't there anymore?" clint asked after he finished him examination.

"i don't really know, why, is he okay?"

"he should be fine. out for a while, but fine."

them newt, alby, and gally burst in.

"what the bloody hell happened to tommy?!"

"well... i don't actually know...," minho slowly said.

"what-... what do you mean you don't know? you were with him, why wouldn't you know?!" newt yelled.

"well, it's complicated!" minho yelled back defensively.

"okay, we'll leave you to this - alby, gally, let's move," clint ordered, ever the peacekeeper.

"look, i'm sorry, i-... i didn't realize he wasn't with me for a little while, i- i-..."

"it's okay, min...," newt reassured. "i'm just really worried about tommy. it isn't your fault, i know that. but... we both really care about him and we want him to be okay, and i know we both know that. i-... it's hard to explain... but i do understand."

"thanks, newt," minho whispered before launching himself into newt's arms.

they held each other tightly until they heard a groan coming from thomas.

he didn't look like he had woken up but he blindly reached out and caught one hand each on newt and minho. then they were both pulled back to him. and they layed down together and slept until the next morning, and then that afternoon, thomas woke up.

and minho never forgot his running partner ever again.