𝔹𝔼𝕊𝕋 𝔽ℝ𝕀𝔼ℕ𝔻𝕊 ~ ℍ𝕀ℕℕ𝕐 • 𝔻ℝ𝔸ℝℝ𝕐

𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗰 𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗻𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗯𝗼𝗻𝘂𝘀 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 ~ 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗮𝘂

"come on! how can you do this your best friend!" whined harry, as he yet again tries to worm his way out of a party

"no! you're going, end of story!" she briskly replies. "and besides, isn't ronald your best friend?" she jokingly asks her best friend.

"no way!" the mocha colored boy replies indignantly. "you know it, i know it, and despite ron being too daft to know it, hermione knows it! honestly, i wonder how he managed to ever get 'mione to agree to dating him...," his green eyes bright with confusion.

"me niether! i mean, it makes even less sense at family dinners! he makes a fool of himself and eats as if he's challenging a pig in who has less manners, while hermione is kind and polite, and most importantly, smart! i mean, the smartest thing he's done is date hermione!" ginny cries.

"exactly, and even then, you can't even give him credit for that considering all he did was desperately pine while hermione was the one to ask him on a date and set it up, and even pay! god, my beat friend has stooped to the lowest of the low," he mumbles the last part.

"hey! i thought i was your best friend!" she says, actually seeming offended.

"you are. you and hermione. god, i need new friends."

ginny squawks.

"oh shush ginger! you know i'm joking."

"i know," she replies with a wink.

"so, anyways, party. casual, but not fancy. don't go with your normal skater-boy look, as cute as it is."

and she continues to ramble on about what he should wear, what he should do with his hair, what shoes, what socks. he knows ginny and him need to stop spending so much time together when she knows what socks he has.

thankfully, ginny's girlfriend luna comes over, saving harry from the torture that was party-mode ginny.

"you know what, i think i'll just come over." ginny decides right before luna comes over.

"go where?" luna asks in her normal dream-like voice.

"over to harry's for the party tonight."

"oh, okay. me and daddy are leaving for our camping trip tonight, we hope to get something for the quibbler newspaper." she continues in her soft voice.

"that's great babe, text me when you can?" ginny replies with a smile reserved only for luna.

"of course," she says right before she leaves with a peck to ginny's cheek with her usual gracefulness.

and, just like ginny promised, she was there that night, having climbed across the odd bridge-thing that they had built between their houses.

"oh, god."

and then ginny got him in a flurry of clothes, and brushes, and random stuff.

when the finished product was done, harry was wearing a slightly shiny black button-up that was a little tight around his chest and arms with black ripped skinny jeans and all-black converse.

ginny said he looked hot, but when they tried to calm his hair for a total of 15 mintues, they gave up.

when they got to the party, it was almost already in full-swing.

once ginny had gotten inside, she branched off to get drinks while harry stood in the corner with one ankle crossed over the other.

until, draco came up.

draco.

as in, his crush since fucking 5th grade.

they hadn't been close but they knew each toher well enough for harry to develop a hardcore crush.

"so, you're here?" draco asks.

"yeah," harry raises an eyebrow.

"well, you know it doesn't seem like your scene and you know... th-this is my party."

oh.

oh.

oH.

OH.

oh, fuck.

"I wasn't told this beforehand."  he states simply despite his massive inner turmoil.

"would you still have come had you known?" draco asks carefully.

"yeah," he says while looking into draco's eyes.

~{the • next • morning}~

"ginger?"

"yeah?" she asks from the other end.

"thank you! you are an amazing best friend!" he says excitedly.

"i know. now, when you get home you better tell me everything. but i hope you had fun last night."

Harry could almost see her suggestive smile despite still being in draco's bedroom while she's probably at home.