Chapter 1

Harry and his godfather Sirius had arrived to King's Cross, with just a few minutes to spare before the train to Hogwarts left. Loved their sleep, they both did and subconsciously tried to spend as much time together, as they feared being torn apart again. Sirius was the only thing left of this parents and Harry was the last reminder of his very best friends, some of the only people who had truly understood and accepted him. God knows his estranged family didn't; moreover, Harry had grown to become somewhat like a son of his own. They had a connection so deep, it was uncanny how similar it was to him and James. Because of this, Sirius was able to share his most prized possessions with Harry, his music.

Sirius fit the classic stereotype. He was the rock 'n' roll kind, who only listened to things on vinyl because it sounded the best. Always wore black and drove everywhere on a motorcycle. It was such a cliché. Sirius aspired to be the best there was, and deep-down he truly thought he was Freddie Mercury reincarnated. But he was just another speck in human existence, who wasn't like any of the legends. The musicians who had created history, and would be know for centuries. A man could dream though, right?

Who knows, music truly could have been a scam. The words for the money, but he couldn't care less about what anybody had to say. Sirius had been collecting them since he was a teenager; His first ever album was Perspective by Ricky Nelson. God, that record was amazing. And over time, he had hundreds of them, as he became so entangled in the lyrics, the message intertwined in the songs and the people who pit their heart and soul into every song. Sirius only listened to the best.

The Beatles, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, you name it, he knew every song.

And over the 3 very short years the two had spent together, Harry became complete and utterly consumed just as Sirius had. Vinyls were given to him in random segments, a few at a time just as little gifts. Yet, he was able to collect a monstrous amount of music, though nothing compared to his godfather's collection. It was so special, and not a single record was out of place. The lyrics had become engrained in his memory.

But their knowledge never left the twos mind nor conversation. It stayed between them, and neither dared to mutter a single word about it. They were in love with muggle music, something the wizarding world absolutely hated. Well,one of the things.

Such a shame, truly.

Sirius suddenly snapped out of dissociating and realized they were already at platform 9 3/4. He was surprised he had not tripped over his own feet and busted his face open, he hadn't payed attention to anything outside of his mind for the entire walk.

Finally he turned to Harry and smiled. Man was he going to miss him.

"Well, I suppose this is it."

"C'mon it's only a few months until Christmas. I think you'll survive without me. Besides, you can always hang out with uncle Remus," Harry winked.

Sirius chuckled, "I know, I know."

"I'll miss you too though."

"Yeah?"

"Mh-hm" Harry replied, nodding and sheepishly grinning.

As much as Harry loved staying with Sirius, he missed his friends and Hogwarts. He was extremely thankful he hadn't had to stay with the Dursley's anymore. The thought of it made him shudder. Because whenever he had left their house for the summer, he was more than excited and never wanted to return. With Sirius though, coming home for holiday was exciting now. He finally had a family.

"Last call for boarding the train," boomed the speakers above. The two had been standing there so long they hadn't realized the train was about to leave, and that everyone had gone on except Harry and a few nervous first years.

Sirius pulled Harry into a quick hug before saying goodbye and sending him on his way.

Putting his luggage into the carrier, he leapt aboard before turning around one final time to wave goodbye.

"Keep them hidden," Sirius mouthed.

Harry nodded, "Aye-aye Captain."

He then turned around and walked to his seat without looking back Surprisingly, he found Hermione and Ron rather quickly. They were arguing over their chocolate frog characters.

"Just take the card and eat the chocolate already."

"Harry!" They both exclaimed as he sat down next to Ron.

"Hi! How was your summer?"

"Oh it was wonderful, mother and father took us to The States. And we went to New York and saw the The Statue of Liberty and then we got to go to D.C to see the White House and the Lincoln Memorial. It was so awesome! It makes me wish we lived in America."

"Wow, yours makes my holiday seem like I was in Azkaban."

"Oh shut up Ron, you still got to spend time with your family. How was yours Harry?"

Harry laughing a little, "It was good, Sirius and I definitely didn't do anything that exciting but it was nice. Got some...new music."

"Aren't you worried about getting in trouble?" Hermione responded.

"Don't be such a spoiler Hermione," Ron scoffed That's cool, maybe you brought some I'll finally like."

"Well I doubt it Ron, but I found this a new record. Came out a few months back, it's amazing. I'll play it for you when we get to Hogwarts."

"Alright" Ron said, as he and Hermione exchanged looks.

The two had always thought it was so weird he had an interest in muggle music. Even Hermione preferred music that was, well legal at school. She stuck to music composed by witches and wizards. Besides it sounded like it could've been Beethoven or John Bach. There was no reason to risk getting caught over a few silly vinyls when there was perfectly good music already. The guitar and heavier vocals was not that exciting; however, despite their beliefs, they never mentioned it to Harry, they had decided that it made him happy and that was all that mattered.

Rest of the train ride to Hogwarts was a blur as far as the trio remembered. Ron and Harry had dozed off and Hermione kept busy reading her textbooks for the year without their company. They were 6th years already and exams would be here before they knew it. She could not risk failing due to her friends goofing off.

Before they knew, they were stopped. The halt had woken Ron and Harry, Hermione already was gathering her luggage and preparing to exit. She tucked her books in her bag and made her way to the door, not without running into someone. Her suitcases knocked the boy over, and he yelped. Draco, just as eager, was quickly making his way to the front of the train. When she saw who it was, she froze and pulled back into the carrier.

"S-sorry!" she mumbled.

"Watch it mudblood," Draco snarled, as he pulled himself of the ground and stomped away, Crabbe and Goyle trailing behind.

Hermione sat back down and waited for Ron and Harry to grab their stuff before trying again.

"Are you alright Hermione," Ron asked.

"Yeah."

Harry sighed, "He's such a prick, don't sweat it. It was clearly an accident."

"I know," she replied.

"C'mon then."

The trio, luggage in hands quickly made their way to the door rushing so they could get the first set of carriages. They didn't want to wait for the other ones to come. Luckily they got the last one and were joined by Neville and Luna. Hermione finally relaxed, and the rest babbled away as they traveled to the castle.