He doesn't understand people.

hahaha whaaaaat nooooo this isn't me projectinggggg shutup

I haven't been able to figure out how to write the dang smut part yet,.so have this sucky lil 800 word drabble.

Warnings; Cursing, pretty much it. Lmk if it needs any new warnings!!!

*No genre, No ships*

----

Virgil didn't understand people.

He just didn't. It wasn't a 'flaw' that needed to be 'fixed', it wasn't some plea or some excuse to get out of interaction. Logan didn't understand emotions. Virgil didn't understand people. Two different things here.

'People' liked to eat. Virgil didn't. He hated it with a heavy passion. Of course, when he felt hungry he would, and he wouldn't just eat some random shit. He indulged himself in comfort food once or twice, yes, because potato chips are a need not a want. But eating just seemed so... unappealing. Patton enjoyed it. Roman enjoyed it. Hell, even Logan enjoyed it. Once again, nothing like Logan.

There was only so much time in a night, and eating just seemed so tedious. Forcing energy down your throat around others was just another source of anxiety for him, what if he made noises? What if his jaw unhinged(piss off deceit)?? What if he choked??? Not fun.

He preferred to drink if he could. Smoothies, coffee, energy drinks. Easier. Although he hated sodas, they tickled his throat too much.

Another way he couldn't relate to 'People' was sleep schedules. Early-morning sleep schedules, to be accurate here. Every night Virgil would conk out at five am and every evening he would wake up at two. It was what worked for him.

The sides had tried to change it once. Eight pm to five, ten to seven, they even experimented with hours. Nothing stuck. Virgil lashed out almost constantly and they all eventually let him choose his own pattern.

He had dreams this way. Nice dreams, about friends and family. A schedule was kept, faces washed, art done, his job was even still activated as he comatosed. Nothing else seemed to work, but he liked it.

'People' liked the day time. They liked summer. They liked the sun. Virgil recoiled from it.

Blackout curtains lined every window like a swaddling blanket around him, the only light came from his screens or a lamp when he was drawing. The curtains were pulled back during rainstorms, though. When thunder shook the windows it relaxed him because he knew everyone was safe and inside where they should be. No crime to be had and no criminals to break in. Calm. Dark. Quiet.

'People' liked to be around each other, to dance and talk and laugh around family night board games in social settings. They liked parties and two truths and a lie, they liked conversations. Virgil didn't. He would prefer to just listen, if he was in the mood for noise, with a tiny smile on his lips or keep his headphones on in a dark corner while the Imagination guests around him laughed and drank punch. Talking had never been his strong suit, and frankly he would have preferred to have just never gone.

But even if he didn't understand people, or if people didn't understand him, even if when they took walks he stayed wrapped up in bed, even if while they ate dinner he hadn't even snacked in eight hours, they made it work.

Patton still came in to wake him up at two sharp, like he did with the others early on. He still ushered Virgil out of bed with a fond smile and ordered him over to brush his teeth and take a shower before he hug-tossed him in himself.

Logan still hung out with him (even to Virgil's heavy not-meant protests) in the pitch-dark room, a blue armchair conjured especially for him, reading while Virgil worked away at a painting of a library or some random galaxy. He still left the books on the table when he left as extra reading material, with the little page-light still stuck on so no lamp would be needed.

Roman still cut out little starry holes and MCR logos in his curtains because 'You're pale enough as it is emo, plus they make good instagram pics' and Virgil could appreciate the little pinpricks when he was alerted to the violent peach sunrise on his windowsill. He still knocked and left little home-made comics under his door, to be softly pinned on the corkboard above his headboard.

And Virgil still hugged Padre and called him Dad every morning, because despite his distaste for touch he knew it made pat sob with happiness.
He still left book recommendations and still made sure to get his daily calorie count in so Logan wouldn't worry.
He still reviewed Romans manuscripts and followed him out to ceremonies when the others couldn't come because Roman needed a partner in crime to cover for him when he was too insecure about a speech and 'Roman get your beautiful ass out there, I did NOT make you look like Cinderella just so you could run off' and 'you know they'll love you dude. We love you. if they don't pat'll fight'em'.

They did it because that's what friends do. They leave people to their comfort zones, and help them out when they feel low, and they love each other to pieces. And if that means Virgil doesn't want to come out of his room, so be it. Virgil didn't understand why. Neither did the others. But so fucking be it.

----

*UNEDITED, DON'T PLAN ON THIS ONE BEING COMBED THROUGH*

if you see any mistakes, comment on the paragraph and I'll fix'm. Just like, yell at me. plz.