Chapter 2-The first meeting

So here is part 2, I hope you like it. Its a bit of a transition chapter with a surprise at the end. So please comment and vote, even if you hate it :) 

‘well we can’t stay up here forever, I don’t know what to do , I mean do the people here even recognise us, or are we just strangers?’ Bradley questioned

‘I know what you mean, are we related to them, I’m guessing we are rich and people here seem to recognise me’ 

‘we’ll how come nobody has recognised me, or at least been nice to me’

‘maybe you’re the stable boy who sleeps with the pigs’ I joked and nudged him with my elbow. Bradley just looked back at me with a face that was in no mood for laughing. Rubbing my eyes I contemplated our next move, do we face these people or do we just leave without them knowing. Before I could tell Bradley of any idea I had we heard voices travelling closer to us. Then the door handle turned slowly and we were face with a sour faced women and the lady that was in my room earlier. They both just stood there staring at me in shock. Panic was growing inside of me and I looked over at Bradley to see if he felt the same. He did. They looked like they did not recognise us at all, my god we’re in trouble. 

‘What on earth are you doing in here, you now that you should not be in here at this time of the morning, and look your sister is not even dressed. I expected more of you Bradley, you should know how to respect a lady’ They knew us, and in this era me an Bradley are still related.  Thank goodness.  Then all of a sudden I had an idea.

‘What‘s the date?’ with this question me and Bradley could figure out where we are and what year it is, ridiculous as it sounds. 

‘what is the date…?’ then she paused.

‘ma’am’ . I guessed, Maybe if I copy the girl that was in my room before then I may blend in a bit 

More, but no such luck. This women is just laughing at me, how rude. 

‘why don’t you try calling me mother and ask the question again’  a English accent was clear and

she sounded very posh.

‘MOTHER’ Bradley and I both chimed in together, I try to look at Bradley for reassurance but he

seems to be panicking just as much as I am.

‘Of course, and I am very proud of both of you, now what is all this nonsense with the date. The

date is the 12th of may 1964, exactly two weeks before the may ball’ she spoke with a smile, and

seemed to get a little giddy over the fact that a ball was coming.  ‘now Bradley you head on back to

your chamber and get yourself in a decent state so that you may join us on the patio for breakfast’

and with that she dismissed Bradley. I was holding onto Bradley’s hand so tight that he had to pry

my hand from his. I do not want him to disappear and leave me alone with these two strangers. I

guess I have no choice as ‘mother’ was just stood there glaring at him.