23

Walking out of the elevator I noticed everyone in the room smiling and congratulating me on a job well done, done with the first wave while not another bothered to show. Ashlin walked over to me. "Thank you for defending us, Jak just left since we sent him on a mission." She informed me of the current events.

"Oh," I started, "not even a hello?" I huffed.

"Jak and Daxter did tell me to tell you they were sorry," she started, "they will come back anyways. We're in a state of panic and we need you to go to the power station and get codes into the sky factory. Those things will come back and we need all the help we can get."

"I can try," I said. "And I will succeeded." Winking in a playful manner.

"Make sure you're safe out there. Take this." She handed me a red zone clearance pass. "I'll send you directions on the communicator to get there."

"Right, but did Jak and Daxter say anything else?" I asked. Ashlin looked confused, signalling a hard no. I sighed out and looked away. "Please tell them I need to talk to them." I need to apologize for leaving.

"You can do it yourself, once you get those codes we're sending you both up there." She ushered me to leave. "I'm not a messenger."

Rolling my eyes, I left to go get what we needed.

Walking into the power station I was in awe of all the technology. Holy yakcow, all of it was more expensive then the entire slums apartment living cost back in the day. I walked to the keyboard hitting space to trigger something, or anything really. I got my wish as I heard a voice all around me.

"Hey stop touching that!" The thing said, I looked around and saw a floating broadcasted head. "Who are you?" He questioned me.

"Who are you?" I asked in return.

"I asked first... y'know what, nevermind." He said, then a flash of light scanned my body as I backed up and got into a fighting stance. "No fighting needed, miss... Aiden?" He questioned. "You're Jak's friend, I'm also Vin." He started, as I was baffled on how he knew, but didn't feel threaten as he could only flash lights and yell at me.

"Yes I am, and now that's out of the way I need help."

"What do you need?"

"I need the codes to the KG sky factory." I answered clearly.

"No can do, that defense system would murder me if they found me digging through their system! Well, if they can kill me... I would say maybe they could delete me from-"

"Then is there a way I can do it?" I asked, as he glanced at my body. "We need them to take that ship down."

"Yes, in theory-"

"Then do it, whatever it takes!"

"If you say so." Vin said while suddenly my whole body was stretched and I flew into the screen causing me to scream absurdities in confusion.