10 - Calamity

"Stop Neila! Why're you doing this?!" Byleth called out as she sprinted after the carriage, as it has begun to slow down. Pulling out her bow, she begun to aim to try and hit the horse, anything that could stop it from moving.

From afar she noticed someone jumping out of the carriage, someone with white and yellow robes crash against the dirt and rock. It was the hooded girl inside, who has spoken against Adachi. "Are you alright? Can you walk?"

"Yes, thank you for coming to assist me..." Covering her green hair as Byleth helped her up, she saw footsteps rushing from the carriage. "L-Look out!"

"Why?! Because of the war, Byleth!" Byleth brought her sword up just in time, barely getting cut by a sharp blade. Her shoes were practically digging into the ground, struggling to move as Neila's gigantic sword was pushing her to the floor. 

"So many have died... Thousands have died, only for them to just make up at some academy...! What about the victims?!"

"Neila..."

Bang!

"N-Neila!" Byleth watched as the mercenary fell to the floor, clutching her chest in pain as footsteps could be heard from behind. A quiet strut, tired smile and now a kick to his step, Adachi had now come onto the scene.

"If you're gonna call yourself a freedom fighter, you'll have to surprise me more. You shoulda' just done your job." Spinning a revolver around his finger, Adachi smirked as he approached the downed merc. Now standing above her,  Adachi felt a cold glare from his ally as his full attention on Neila.

Not that it mattered, their betrayer now bleeding a puddle right in front of them.

"What? Don't give me that look, she was about to stab you..." Adachi brought his hands defensively, justifying his need to shoot Neila. Byleth knew Neila could've done something rash, and she was almost certain she could've handled it. But the risk was there, and Adachi wouldn't take any chances.
Things had already gotten messy enough.

"I will not die... I still have to end this...!"

Huh? Adachi turned back to the downed mercenary, noticing her body turn entirely black. Dark liquid oozed around Neila's body, her silver armour completely covered in muck. Adachi's head slowly rose to look up, the merc now towering over both him and his blue-haired acquaintance.
Byleth stood back in shock as her former allies body started to change.

"I don't believe it," Adachi was astounded at the sight, he was all too familiar with what was happening before him. The black ooze, the weird red waves and the disturbing screams. This 'Neila' was about to awaken something she never knew she had.

"You might wanna step back kid," He said, slowly moving his hand to push Byleth back. The black ooze grew tremendously, now towering over the carriage as everyone looked in horror. What followed was a shock to Byleth and the remaining lady.

Is that... A horse slowly trotted from the scene, as a burst of wind blew Adachi and Byleth away. Byleth tried to regain her footing, managing to catch herself by rolling backwards. Adachi's body flung into a tree, injuring him as he blurred out swears.

"Adachi!"

"D-Don't look at me! The goddamn horse-!" Byleth quickly turned to find a ball of wind thrown at her face, she didn't have enough time to react as it collided. She felt her head ring as a huge burst of air was blasted in her face. Stunned, she couldn't think straight as the armoured monster finally revealed itself.

"You will not take this away from me..." It was relatively short figure, with a long pike that it aimed towards Byleth. The dark red horse neighed loudly, changing its course as it charged straight at the distant mercenary. Adachi sweared to himself, she's gonna get herself killed!