Chapter Five: Yasha

Early in the morning a young boy with brown hair woke up. The morning air was fresh and crisp. This boy’s room was extravagant. That had a white bed, red curtain, and other furniture that was elegant. Getting out of bed he laughed a little as his feet touched the plush carpet. Changing into his clothes he decided to wear a white shirt with black pants. Staring at the mirror he let out a sigh. It had been a year since he came to Ryoku and he felt like he still didn’t fit in. He was different from them. His red eyes were different from the people living here. His sister was the only one that had eyes like him. As he was putting on his shoulder armor a man with dark green hair and dark black eyes. This man’s name was General Quill Ichiro, the same man that took Yasha away from Lotus. The young red-eyed boy looked at him as he took a seat in his room. Like always seeing General Ichiro was never pleasant.

     Since a year ago he would come in his room and discus training for the day. Though he has treated him well the past year, he still was the man that hurt his sister. He could never forgive that. As he tied the string he turned to face General Ichiro. “I’m almost ready for training,” said Yasha.

     “That’s not what I am here for,” replied the General. “Someone has taken an interest in your training and would like to take part in it.”

    “May I then ask whom it is?” Yasha asked taking a seat across from him.

    “Than Row,” answered Ichiro. “He had heard about your progress.” Than Row is a terrifying demon that many people feared. Few had ever faced him in battle and lived. If you were a woman or a child you might have a chance to live, unless you ran away, then you would be dead. That is why he had the nickname Death Row. His first name meant death and the rest came naturally. It was said that meeting him was like seeing death right before you eyes.

    “I’ve hear of him,” said Yasha staring at the window. “A woman in the Neutral Grounds lived through one of his attacks with her child. She said it was terrifying and that he was a real nightmare. I am refusing to train with him.”

     Ichiro’s eye twitched a little at his sudden rebellion. He had been so obedient until now. The demon had to convince the boy to train with this murderous demon another way. “Yasha you don’t have a say in this,” said the demon. “Unless you want your sister to die.”

    Yasha looked at him horrified that he would bring up his sister. “You said you wouldn’t lay a hand on her!”

    A smile crossed his face. In fact he did make an agreement not to lay a hand on her since that day, but he had no intention of keeping it. However it proved harder than he thought. He left her alone thinking she wouldn’t be much of a threat. “And I won’t. But you must train with Than. Is that understood?”

    “Yes,” said Yasha giving up. He had given up his freedom just to protect Lotus. Her fate lay in his hands. For a year he trained with demons, giving up himself for her safety. Since he’s been living in the life of luxury, however it didn’t mean much to him at all. He loved that simple life Lotus provided. The small beds and the home cooked meals. This elegant demon life was not for him. Yasha only did this to protect Lotus.

    Leaving his room for the training grounds he noticed that one of the Generals training. Tearing apart a poor defenseless dummy. General Kei was the one that scared him. No telling what she might do or whom she might kill. Though he has only met and talked with her a few times this female demon knew how to fight. But to see her this angry, at a training dummy, was something else. What could have gotten her so mad? Yasha noticed the bandages on her that was caused by Ryker’s claws. Noticing that the two men walked into the training grounds she approached them.