Take It Or Leave It

CHAPTER 17

Reporters find Mal and I on our way to Carlos' room and we run before entering Carlos' room. I lock the door before Mal and I start pacing. We see the TV on with us on it and turn it off. Mal and I hit stress overload and we shake while our eyes turn green.
"Whoa. Easy, girls," Carlos says and our eyes turn back normal.
"What? You think this is so easy?! You don't have people taking a photo of you every single time you open your mouth to say boo! I mean, it's not that I could even say, "Boo," but, you know what I," Mal says while I nod in agreement.
"I'm sorry," Carlos says.
"Carlos, don't you ever miss screaming at people and just making them run away from you?" I ask him.

"You're thinking of my mother, and I was usually on the other end of that. So, not really. No," Carlos answers before turning to Mal, who has the potion box. "Oh, hey! Did you bring it?" Mal goes to open the container but we hear the door unlock. Chad then sneaks in and closes the door before he throws a key up and catches it. He then turns to see us.
"Hi. Just came to use your 3D printer. Won't be a sec," Chad explains.
"How'd you get a key to my room?" Carlos asks.
"Oh, I printed it off last time I was in here. Uh... you guys were sleeping," Chad answers and we give him a creeped out look. "Look, I just-- Your printer's so much better than mine, and you install these hacks and everything runs so much smoother than mine and..."
"Out! Now," Carlos orders.
"Fine. Fine," Chad says before turning away.
"Chad!" Carlos calls.
"What? Hmm?" Chad asks.
"Leave the key," Carlos orders. Chad sets the key on the table before leaving while slamming the door. "Mal? Madi?" Mal and I stop staring into space and look at him.
"Hmm?" Mal asks.
"My potion?" Carlos ask.
"Yeah," Mal says as she opens the container. I then grab it and hold it up.
"Um..." I say as I do.
"So, this thing will make me say what I really feel to Jane?" Carlos asks.
"Yeah. I mean, this is a truth gummy, so take it or leave it," Mal explains.
"Perfect," Carlos says as he goes to grab.
"Hold on, though," I say stopping him from grabbing the gummy. "Are you sure that you want to be taking this? Because this is gonna make you say the truth all the time, no matter what, and the only reason that I'm asking is because I know that if I took this right now, I would get myself sent back to the Isle. Which, it's not that that sounds super unappealing, but, you know..."
"Yeah. I'll take my chances, I guess," Carlos says.
"Okay," I say as I drop my hand. Dude eats the gummy out of my hand. "Ohh! Bad dog!"
"Man, that thing was nasty! And you... you just got to man up. And while you're at it, scratch my butt," Dude then starts talking. We all look at each other shocked.
"You heard him. Scratch his butt," I say before Mal and I turn to walk away.
"Mal. Madi," Carlos tries but we leave the room.