Just another nightmare

It was dark. The kind of dark when the moon has gone behind a cloud. Levi sat in a chair facing the window, all the lights in his place were off. He sipped the tea from between his thumb and pointer finger. It had been one of those days where you just wanted to crawl into bed, pull the covers over your head and forget the world existed.

Unfortunately, he couldn't. He was due to go downstairs and deal with whatever it was that Reiner wanted him for. He was just making the little ass wait. Reiner, big strong and dumb, had been a pain in his ass since he allowed him into the Wings of freedom, Levi's biker gang.

Originally the short male allowed him in due to his resemblance to Erwin Smith, Levi's only true friend. They were both tall, though Erwin was much taller. Blond hair and blue eyes, yet that was where the similarities stopped. Erwin was smart, scary smart. He kept the little crime boss on his toes.

Levi smiled as he thought about the man. Erwin was the detective assigned to the gang unit to bring down Levi Ackerman. The tables had turned when Levi managed to start, at first a sexual relationship with the tall handsome man, but later it turned to more of a true friendship.

At only five foot three, the crime leader liked his men tall. Something to climb onto, he had joked with Erwin. Only a handful of people knew for sure the boss was gay. None would ever comment on it while he was around. The guy was scary fast on his feet. His hands like lightening would strike without you even seeing it.

The last drops of tea slipped down Levi's throat. He glared out the window at the darkness. It was like looking into his soul. He had felt so empty lately. Maybe he should just follow dear old Uncle Kenny into an early grave. What else did he have to live for?

Standing he made his way to the small kitchen, still with no lights on. Maybe he would have Erwin kill him. That way his friend could get something from his death, that promotion they always held over his regal head. Placing the now clean cup into the dishrack, Levi turned to lean against the counter.

Fucking Reiner, he thought as he glared at the light spilling in around the cracks of the door. What could he have that could possibly interest someone like him. Dead inside. Levi had seen these shirts. Now he felt like he should have it permanently tattooed on his chest. Hmm, maybe he could get another tattoo. His arms where pretty covered, but he still had room on his legs chest and back.

Shoving from the counter he stalked to the door. Yanking it open, the scowl deepening on his handsome face, he stepped through. The noise hit him like a freight train. Slamming into his migraine filled headache. The light stabbing little daggers of pain into his head. He winced.

One hand fell to the railing before him, the other touching his head where the pain was the greatest. He looked down over the bar below him. His band of thugs, murders and those two twins who would do anything he asked, looked up at him. Of course this was only the back part of the bar. Out front was a genuine night club. It was mostly legal.

Now Levi saw Reiner and the tall guy that was always with him, Bertolt standing right below him. In between them was a heap of torn, muddy clothing. Grimy hands were cuffed over a coat so encrusted with dirt it was hard to tell what color it should be. Bare feet poked out from the ends of ragged pants. Obviously someone liked the guys boots.

Reiner grasped a handful of the dirty filthy hair. Pulling hard he lifted the face. The boy cried out in pain. Levi's first look at the dirt streaked face was its mouth grimaced in pain, teeth showing slightly. Eyes closed tight against the pain in his head. 'Same, kid' the boss thought.

Then the kid opened those eyes. Both hands found the railing before him. He gripped it hard, to the point of hearing the wood creak. Those eyes, filled with pain yet defiant and fiery. They were alive! Beautifully crafted in glowing shades of blue and green. This kid wasn't broken. No matter what circumstances brought him to be chained and forced to kneel here before him, the boy's spirit was alive.