Dont you dare!

This is the second to the last one so I hope your still enjoying it as much as I am writing it ♥★

     ᯾Please feel free to comment about the story ᯾

———————————————————————————
    I woke up dreading today because for one this is the last day we can try something and for two Scotty told me he had a dream of a giant baseball signed by babe Ruth fall out of the sky and hit him on the head now if that doesn't tell you how today's going to go I don't know what will. I slowly get the courage to get out of bed and go get Scotty
Once we get to the sandlot I don't see Benny anywhere I walk up to yeah yeah while scotty goes and tells everyone about his dream. "Where's Benny yeah yeah?" With a grimace on his face Im betting I'm not going to like this answer "I shouldn't be the one to tell you" I don't know what's going on but someone better say something "So does anybody want to tell me what's going on!!" I yell at the boys in a normal tone. They all look wide eyed and skimish "Hey angel" oh there he is as he walks closer I see he's caring a box of brand new shoes "What's going on Benny?" I say with a scrunched eyebrow "Look I have to do this okay, I had a dream" now I know he hasn't told me what is was but I can put two and two together  "A dream Benny come on, you can't I won't let you!!" He comes close and grabs my hand I'm half about to rip it away but just his touch calms me. "Just listen Y/N please" using my name now is he "Well I can't say no to those beautiful browns" everyone fake Gags at my comment but I could care less. We all sit down ready for the story on why he's acting crazy enough to do this "Okay so in my dream..."

*flashback to Bennys dream*

Bennys POV
I seem to wake up to some kind of noise "Who's there?" As I rub my eyes I hear a response  "Don't go pee in your pants, I'm just here to give you a hand." Holy shit it's it's him "B-But you're" I couldn't seem to get the words out of my mouth "Dead...Legends never die, kid." I snapped out of it and said "But you're really him. You're The Babe. The Sultan of Swat. The King of Crash." It's really him "Of Crash, and a hundred other dopey names. Forget about that stuff, kid. We ain't got much time. I'm here 'cause you're in some kind of a pickle, right?" How can he knows this I mean how is he here but he knows "Yeah" "A baseball with my John Hancock on it... went over a fence and you can't get it back, right?" I can't believe his ball is over that fence "Yeah, right." "Then just hop over there and get it." I thought he was going to give me a better option "Wait, wait! I can't" for one it's death and for two Y/N will kill me "Can't what?" "I can't go into that backyard." He doesn't know why I can't "Why not?" "There's a beast back there" there he should understand now "What kind?" Is he not getting it "A giant gorilla-dog thing that ate one kid already" "Is that a fact? Sit down, kid. Sit down. Let me tell you something, kid. Everybody gets one chance to do something great. Most people never take the chance, either 'cause they're too scared.. or they don't recognize it when it spits on their shoes. This is your big chance, and you shouldn't let it go by. Remember when you busted the guts out of the ball the other day? Someone's telling you something, kid. If I was you, I'd listen" he's right I busted that ball we knew it was a sign I was meant to do this right? "Alright now you get it" just to be clear "Wait. You're saying I should hop over that fence and pickle The Beast? "Think about that, kid. I'll see you later. Remember, kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, kid, and you'll never go wrong" before I could question him anymore he vanished and I realized it was a dream.

  Y/N POV
After hearing how much this meant to Benny I let him do it but i didn't like it I mean only one kid in history had ever attempted what Benny was about to, and he got eaten. So we were worried real worried even when Benny brought out the secret weapon: shoes guaranteed to make a kid run faster and jump higher, P.F. Flyers, I didn't want to watch this happen why did I agree to this I was about to say something but heard scotty. "It was my fault. You don't have to do this."  "Yeah. Come on, Benny, man. You don't have to do it. Forget about it It's like committing suicide, Benny." "Don't do it. Yeah, don't do it, Benny." "Yeah. Don't do it. It's suicide."everyone complains but i look into Bennys eyes he doesn't want to he has to  "Yeah, I do, Smalls. I have to do this." He walks over to me and gives me a tight hug "I know you can do this babe" with that said he gives me a kiss and heads over the fence.
      In what feels like hours of waiting and the noises of a low growl, all of a sudden benny hops the fence. He falls straight to the ground, while I go help him up everyone is yelling and shouting "yeahh!!" "Yeah! All right Benny!!" Benny isn't paging attention to all the praise he yells "Aw Shit!" To our surprise and regret the beast hopes over the fence. And before you can say "Batter up" benny is in a sprint. Oh no I think, everyone is just staring  dumbfounded "what are you waiting for?! Let's go get him!!".
     I ran as fast as I can which isn't as fast as Benny but I was behind the beast. While the other boys were not in sight. Benny starts throwing trash cans down trying to slow the beast down but it only makes me slow down. Before I can get back up I've lost Benny, the boys come up behind me "where's Benny Y/N??" They day almost in unison "yeah yeah where is he" I couldn't make out words as I was breathing so hard I just shrugged. We soon hear screaming and follow it to the founders day picnic "oh no!".  The while place has been wrecked and I can only imagine by who, I scan the place to find Benny "there he is!" Ham yells as we soon run after him. He runs through the pool place and people are screaming as the beast barks and growls. We go around as it take to much time, then we stop right beside Benny running and the beast "Sandlot!!, sandlot!!" He yells and right before he looks always winks at me and smilies, this boy I swear. "Sandlot! Shortcut, you guys! Let's go!" Scotty yells a little panicked.
      We get there before him because of the shortcut I hear a faint bark so I know he's close. Barking  "Where is he? Does anyone see him" Ham bends down and take some breaths "I don't see him" Squints says lightly. As I'm beginning to feel panicked I tilt my head in the sun and see him  "There he is!" He's running with all his might he for sure is going to need a breather. The beast gets a little to close and rips Bennys shirt, why'd I let him do this he's insane. He then jumps the fence and BAM! the beast goes right thru it, but then it starts falling and I hear Benny yell but he wasn't hurt. The beast was I can't let this happen to him he's just a dog. Right under the fence he lays not being able to move so I bend down and try to lift it up, "Come on, guys. Help me Please!" I asked the boys but they are to scared to come close. I turn around to look at Benny pleading with my eyes then saying "Benny! Babe, help me, please! He's hurt! Come on. I can't lift it." The beast was just grunting as we lifted the fence I was hoping he wouldn't be hurt, I look over to my left and there he is staring right at me. I kept my calm and he licked my face, I couldn't help but laugh. He walk over to a hole of some sort and I follow "guys come over here ,Wow!" I look in awe.
"Aw. Wow!" All the boys say "Now we can play forever." Bertram says ecstatically "Hello?" We jump and turn around it's the man I guess he heard all the ruckus, perfect timing because Scotty, Benny and I were going to knock on the door. So we slowly walk over and see him ,blacked out glasses and all.