NEWS

"Tonight a sad accident has occurred at Choi's Pizza Parlour near the Recreational Centre. Officer Jeong Yun-ho was shot in the upper arm after trying to arrest a man who presumably sexually assaulted Jung Soo-young, Jung Taehyung's sixteen year old daughter. The man in question was also shot, and is now in critical condition. They haven't disclosed anymore information, but our thoughts are out for the Jeong family. Jihyo, back to you."

Melody turned the TV off, sick of the whininess from the lady's voice. She put a spoon in her mouth, letting the salted caramel ice cream melt on her tongue. Her slender fingers typed her password for the computer, a large combination of uneven numbers that would take hours to crack. It would emotionally destroy one to sit there that long, go insane. The search engine automatically turned incognito, making sure none of her history would be able to be tracked easily. Even if someone somehow got in, a dozen other programmes would stop them in an instant.

Choi's Pizza Parlour shooting.

"Bingo," she whispered under her breath. One thousand sites popped up in front of her eyes, and she slowly scrolled to find one that fit her need. Once she did, a small smirk spread across her lips. Choi Jongho, the son of the pizza place owners. He was working as the cashier at the time of the altercation, quickly ducking behind the counter to not be hit. The boy hadn't given his statement to the police, nor the press yet. She needed to get to him first.

Melody hit the back corner, quickly typing in the boy's name. Tons of results came up, but most were old men. She snickered, knowing she had to go deeper. Her eyes peered to the program sitting on her favourites, and quickly pressed it. This time, millions of results came up. A sigh left her lips as she scrolled through the pages of elders looking for younger girls. The disgust that lingered with the Dark Web was something she'd never get use to.

Finally her eyes rested on a younger Choi Jongho. The right Choi Jongho. A nineteen year-old university student studying Fine Arts at the prestigious school around the corner from her apartment. His parents were both only high school graduates, with the restaurant being their only big accomplishment. It was obvious to the girl that they were seen as BAD GUYS to the society, only bringing in enough cash to feed themselves. She continued to scroll, hoping to find something that could help her, but nothing did.

Melody closed the window, shutting the laptop off completely. The spoon, that was still in her mouth, was now placed back into the bucket of ice cream. She ran a hand through her hair, conflicted to go out with the time being so late. At last, she grabbed the gun off the counter. Her eyes shifted to the window, making sure that no one was going to see her leave at this hour. As she put on her black hoodie, and matching socks, her cell phone went off.

"What is it Mingi?" The girl huffed out in annoyance, not wanting to talk to him, at least not now. A loud chuckle came from the other end, then sounds of fingers hitting a keyboard. He seemed to be doing the exact thing she was doing a few moments ago, researching. They were seen as a pair of teenagers who had it out for each other, but they both knew it was more than that. He knew things that would irk the girl, and he wanted to push her buttons to the max.

"I was going to ask if you saw what happened earlier tonight? It was tragic wasn't it? The poor cop, hopefully it doesn't para-"

"If you wanted to taunt me, then call tomorrow. I have tons of homework to do... and a life, unlike you." Melody snickered into the phone, wishing that he could see her face. If anyone was one of the biggest, most annoying privileged young adult men in all of the city, it was definitely Song Mingi. He is the definition of the GOOD GUYS, if there was a test for it he would ace it. Which is why it pained the girl to accept the fact that he was such a handsome face with an amazing body.

"Well I hope you get on with studying. I'll see you tomorrow in class Melody." The line went dead, and she finally relaxed her shoulders. Mingi's presence, and even voice, was enough to shake up the girl. Imagine being one of the world's best anonymous hacker, that is scared of a male classmate. She was pathetic, hiding behind a screen. Too scared to show identity because she knew that the GOOD GUYS would send her into hiding, and the BAD GUYS would order hitmen to kill.

The girl's anxiety had spiked up so much, she didn't even notice herself clutching the gun tightly in her hand. Her grip loosened, and she shook her head disappointingly. She was so scared of being caught that she carried a gun around to feel safe, that's not something a twenty year old girl should have to do. She tucked it into her waistband, running around the house to find her only pair of running shoes.

As Melody closed the door to her luxurious studio apartment behind her, she noticed the building being quiet. It was mostly filled with young adults that went to the university, or elderly. It was a nice quiet area, perfect for the work she did. No one really acknowledged her weird outings at two in the morning, and how she always kept conversation to a minimum. Maybe it was a privilege.

Walking down the creaky stairs, and into the cold night always made her thoughts wander. It was a bad thing, since if she starts thinking, she'll start growing opinions for herself. If she starts growing opinions, she'd be placed on one of the sides. Her whole statement was to break out of stereotypes, to be the voice of people who are confused, but in the end she was confused herself.

At least no one would suspect the little Korean girl who has to push her big glasses up every ten seconds.