chapter four.

"So, you and Nini," Cam asks, "Do you guys have a rocky past?"

"I don't even remember where it started, it's been going on forever. I say something to annoy her and she bites back with a snarky remark fired at me." Ricky confesses as the two boys finish up taking inventory of the storage room. "She's just an overachiever and tries to literally do everything so I like to add a little uncertainty to her day. Let me guess, is she running like five different activities here?"

"Hmm, now that I think about it, yeah. She's the lifeguard but she also is helping with the drama production, the running club and with music lessons."

"Doesn't surprise me one bit."

"Oh and Dave asked her to help out with basketball if needed, after seeing her play in a game last night." Cam exclaims.

"Ahh, but she agreed when she didn't know that basketball instructor was going to be me." Ricky pointed out, as the two boys started walking towards the dining hall for some dinner. "Me and Neens may not get along all the time but I have known her for years."

"Well that's too bad, that girl has some serious skill on the court." Cam says.

"Oh, I completely forgot, I have to grab some forms from my cabin that I had to fill out and give them to Dave. I'll meet you in a bit at the dining hall." Ricky realizes and runs over to his cabin.

---------

Nini finishes grabbing her meal of chicken, salad and asparagus and glances around the dining hall. She sees Emma at a table by the window and goes over to sit next to her. Nini sets her tray down and Hunter slides into the seat beside her.

"A little warning would have been nice." The West High student hissed at Nini. Nini just sits there with some asparagus in her mouth, trying to figure out what Hunter meant by that. "Bowen??" He hinted.

"Oh, I didn't know he was coming either. It was as much of a surprise to you as it was to me." Nini tells him, stabbing her chicken with her fork. "I can't believe I told Dave I would help out with some of the basketball activities."

"Flirting with the enemy, Neens?" A familiar voice calls out. "Does E.J. know?"

"E.J., Bowen?" Nini says, as Ricky takes a seat across from her. "Is that the best you can do? I thought you would have had time to work on your taunts after not seeing me for three days."

"Well I thought I had all summer to come up with new material, so you're gonna get what you get." Ricky says, cutting up his chicken.

"Ahh this summer isn't going to be as fun as I thought with all the weak insults I'll get from you, I'm disappointed" Nini exclaims.

"Don't be disappointed, princess," Ricky hisses, "I'll be sure to work on them tonight so I'm ready to fire them at you first thing tomorrow morning."

"I'm not that disappointed that you're here, I'm just more disappointed you didn't tell me earlier. If I knew, I would have stayed home."

"I forgot the world revolves around you. My apologies for not telling you, so silly of me." Ricky shot back. With that, Nini took her tray and got up to find somewhere else to eat.

"Guys, just take a breather." Hunter exclaims. "Nini, just ignore-"

"Stay out of it, West boy." Ricky snarks.

"Never mind," Hunter says, standing up, "We'll both go then."

Nini walks out the door and Hunter quickly grabs his tray to catch up to her. She continues walking and eventually settles down on a rock by the lake. Hunter takes a seat next to her and turns toward her to see her eyes full of anger.