Kat

Once we finish our small song, a female voice that comes from the kitchen screams Dr. A's full name. Immediately we all stop what we're doing, and run to the kitchen.

A hole opens from the white kitchen floor and a woman comes out of it. Once she's in the kitchen the hole closes and turns to its normality. The woman runs to Dr. A who has his arms open ready to carry her or something. Which he actually does. The woman hugs him and cries into his arms. Apparently, Dr. A cries, too.

She has high heels that make her as tall as Dr. A, but if she were to take them off, she would be about under his nose.

Dr. A grabs her face and kisses her lightly. I can hear him whisper that he'd been so worried.

They hug for a few minutes, and they finally let go. Dr. A has his arm around her shoulders and says, "Girls, this is my wife, Christina." We all just stared at her, still with the surprise that there was a hole in the floor and now it's gone. There seems to be a surprise every minute with these people.

He kisses her forehead, and Sam comes up and hugs her tight. He points at Christina and says, "This is our mother here."

I smile when Sam says this. It must be nice to have a mom. I try to go back to those dark memories but none seem to show any mother in my past. With frustration I look away and give a small smile to my sisters.

Christina hugs Dom and Dan now. She's beautiful and gentle. She has beautiful, brown eyes, and she has wavy hair almost like Emms. Her face and smile is soft and warm that makes you feel as if you were safe and there is no tsunami outside. Her hair is like a brownish black color and wears huge glasses that seem to fit with her small structure. Despite her wet clothes and her shivering body, she looks at us with a wide smile and says, "Hey ladies!" Her voice is sweet and soft just like Blake.

Blake waves back and says, "Hey."

Emms stares just like she did with me. Studying her from head to toes, but she politely smiles.

I give her a small smile also and say, "Hi. Nice to meet you. I'm Kat." I point at my sisters. "This is Blake and Emms."

"Well, it's nice to finally meet you ladies." After she says this, she turns around to look at Dr. A, touches his cheek lightly and goes to the living room. We all just stand there in silence. I notice that there seems to be this tension between Emms and Dom as they exchange angry glances at each other. Especially when he tries to wink at Blake. He softens out his black shirt and grins. For the first time I noticed the necklace. A black chord with a thin shark tooth at the end of it. It goes down to the middle of his chest.

Finally, after a minute of silence, Dan comes up and says, "How about we bake cookies?"

Blake smiles and says, "Yeah! That sounds like a great idea. Let's go." She follows Dan into the kitchen. He gives Blake a warm smile and starts taking out the ingredients. Emms gives Dom one last look and follows Dan.

"Just stop it already. We should at least try to get along despite our...differences," Sam says. His voice is soft but carries an authoritative tone as he goes up to Dom.

Then Sam leaves the room just like that. I think he's tired of this. I know I am, too.

Dom's eyes harden and he clenches his jaw. I really can't be in this tension anymore.

"I'll go call Sam," I say with a small smile, and walk out of the room with a sigh. It's a relief to be out of that room. No one even saw or heard me walk out as they continued to argue once more.

I walk into the living room and see Sam sitting on the piano bench looking at the piano keys.

I stare at him quietly from behind as he touches each key slowly. By the way his face is, I know he feels that same amazing feeling I feel when I play or listen to music.

I smile when I see the muscles of his back relax as he stares at the piano and closes his eyes, doing what I do all the time. Trying to listen to the music in our minds.

I quietly laugh when he plays a G minor. I shake my head with a smile.

He turns around quickly and with his eyes wide open, I notice that he blushes when he sees me. He quickly stands up, but I signal him to stop, and sit next to him. His warmth gives me awkward goosebumps, but this vibe is great. It always is.

I tense up a little when he touches my hand and says, "Would you teach me how to play that song?" His beautiful orange eyes are bright when I smile.

"Sure," I say. "But do you know the notes? Have you played the piano before?"

He smiles and says, "I had a few piano lessons for a few years, but I stopped. So I just know the notes."

"Why did you stop? I mean, you must love music right?"

Sam gives me a small smile, but his eyes turn sad. "Well, I don't know. I love music. But I guess I just ...stopped. I really never had anyone listen to me. Well, except Christina, but sometimes she wouldn't be home because of work and Dr. A never listened to me." He pulls his hand away from mine and looks away. His dirty blonde hair is now messy from his neat parted to the side style. Small pieces of his wavy hair fall on his face or forehead as he looks away.

I can almost feel his pain and hurt, and I don't want him to feel this. So I touch his warm and soft hand lightly. I squeeze them a little so he can look at me.

When he does, I give him a gentle smile and say, "If you want, I can teach you?"

"That would be great." He pulls his hand away and gives me a sad smile.

Then there is that intensity in our looks. Almost as if we can read each other through our eyes. His eyes beautifully and burning through me.

I quickly get up and say, "Hey. We can practice later, but let's take a break right now and bake some cookies with my sisters and your brothers. Okay?"

He stares at me for a minute, but then smiles and says, "Sure. Why not? I would like to eat cookies with the princess."

I laugh when he says this and say quickly, "Good thing I'm not one of those." I start walking to the kitchen and Sam runs to catch up with me. A grin starts at my lips.

"Hey, wait up princess!" He runs past me and into the kitchen.

"Don't call me that!"

"Okay okay..." We both laugh at this as we walk to the kitchen together.

Inside the kitchen, the air has a sweet and warm smell of cookies. I smile when I see Blake and Emms with flour all around their aprons.

Before these girls get near me, I quickly put on an apron that Sam handed me. They start to put the cookies in the oven.

Blake comes, and bumps me with her hip. I laugh and do the same with her. She taps my shoulder and moves her gaze to Sam, signaling me to look at him.

I do.

He's talking to Dom while they do more of the cookie dough. He looks at me and smiles. I smile back then look at Blake. She has that playful smile of hers, raises an eyebrow up and winks.

I do a small chuckle. "Stop."

"Oh C'mon! You know you want him. He's cute!"

"Shut up!" I lightly punch her stomach and she giggles as she goes to help Emms with the rest of the procedure.

I quickly look at Sam and see that he has been looking at me. We quickly look away and almost out of instinct I feel a small smile forming on my lips.