Where I'm Supposed To Be

A sad start but I promise it'll get fluffyyyyy. Love me some sfw irondaaad :))))) Also this is like another finding-out sorta fic, because I always find ones where Tony already knows about Peter's regression. But I want those first moments, ya know???? :)))))

It started out as a joke gift from Mj, because i'm the "baby of the group", being the last to turn seventeen. I laughed it off and shoved the abnormally-large pacifier, into the depths of my bag. I had forgotten about it completely, until it had tumbled onto my bedroom floor, along with my week-old math homework. I almost texted Mj that I had somehow still had it, but I backspaced the letters.
Picking up the red shield from the worn floor boards, I inspect it closely for the first time. It looked like a regular baby's pacifier, despite the large silicone teat sticking out like a sore thumb.

Placing the small object in the corner of my desk, I started working on the extension math equations. I promised my teacher I could finish them by 4th Period tomorrow. I'd much rather do it now then in the morning. I got stuck on a question halfway through the sheet. I had attempted it three times and it was still wrong.

Spiderman doesn't get stuck on a stupid math question. Hell, Peter Parker doesn't.

The lead of my pencil snapped and so did my patience. I bang my head against the table with a groan. Math can wait. The pain in my head throbbed along with my heart almost rythmically.
There was a moment of silent bliss, before an obnociously loud, noise broke it 'What now?' I mumble into the desk. Flipping my phone from it's face down position, to check the caller ID.
"Dad"
I let out a sad whimper at the name. I changed it a few months back, attempting to fill the empty void in my heart. But now it only reminds me of how messed up I really am, if Mr.Stark knew, he would be disgusted. I answer the call on the last ring.

His warm voice fills my ears as soon as soon as the call is connected.' Hey kid, you still up for some lab time, today?'
Silent tears began to run down my face, I tried to stop them but they just kept coming. It wasn't long before I was sobbing grossly.
I wouldn't be surprided if Mr. Stark hung up now. He didn't need some emotional, broken kid to look after. I'm not his problem.
I fiddle with the pacifier in my hands while I wait for the inevitable disconnection noise.

Everyone thinks you're a baby.

'Peter.' Great not only do I have to deal with the rejection, I have to hear it too.
"Peter.. what's the matter, bud?...'
I didn't answer. Taken back by the comforting tone.
'You know you can tell me- '
'I'm okay just stressed out... with school stuff...' I cut him off, instantly regretting being so rude.
'Oh, okay, you don't have yo come by if you don't-'

'No! No, I'm okay.' I cut him off again, endless tears rolling down my rosey cheeks.
'Sorry...'
I mumble, wrapping my arms around my waste in a small hug.

'Don't be sorry, Peter.'

Mr. Stark has never done this before and it shows. He seems uncomfortable with the whole conversation and it's my fault. I feel bad for being the one to force this situation on him.

' I'll swing by in a few.' I say with a small sniffle.
'Okay, take care kid...' he seemed cautious before he hung up, like he actually cared about me and my stupid feelings. Must just be my imagination.

I wipe the salty tears from my eyes and raise the soft silicone to the edge of my lips. Every ounce of instinct screamed at me. But in that moment I hadn't felt more lost.
Not since my parents died. I slowly suck on the cold teat, it brings me instant comfort. Standing there, in the middle of my room, crying and sucking on a pacifier. God, what's wrong with me? I'm supposed to be seventeen.