Chapter 39: Wars

Candle's POV.

Elizabeth had come back with me that night to see Mara and Mara soon became fond of her. Though Mara will never admit it, they became great friends. Whenever Elizabeth is spoken of around Mara she will forced a disgusted face, but everyone knows that it is fake. Even Elizabeth.

Many days had gone on and Elizabeth had started to show up more at school. She had sparred with people, and had given some a few burns, which Mara healed quickly after the battle was done. Never once while I was watching had I seen her used lighting in any of her battles. But it did strike an interest to me why her fire was blue. I asked Akoi and he joked it was because of her sorrow. I through I rock at him for that. Sapphire says it might be because she can control lighting.

Though that night when I did meet up with Elizabeth, she had pleaded for my help. She had told me that the same people who were chasing me were also to her. It was the same for every bender on this island. She had told me that Japan was a great place for benders to learn about their past since it was the birthplace of bending.

She had told me that her parents were killed and her sister was all she had left. And shortly after that plead her sister showed up. Her sister looked nothing like Elizabeth. Her sister had tanner skin and amber eyes. Her hair was still black and they had the same scowl, but you could look at the two of them and say that they were sisters. Her sister's name was Mary, and she also was a firebender. Though she could only bend fire.

Elizabeth had offered me the chance to learn lighting on top of our training with Akoi. She said that Sapphire could learn too. We both gladly accepted. And that was the day we had been let back into the city. Tina had told us about the city that her people had come from. It hung underneath a cliff. Each building was upside down and it was known in the time when Aang was around as the western temple.

"Tina?" I asked, I was walking into the kitchen. She was almost always in there.

"Is it time?" she asked. I nodded and she handed me a phone. I was planning to call my dad. He still didn't know I was alive. I don't think mom has called him, she seems to be in a rough relationship with him.

"Thanks,"

I dialed the numbers that I had remembered a long time ago. Though it took me sometime to remember the last few numbers. The phone rang, it rang for a pretty long time. At first I was worried that he wouldn't pick up been then I realized that it was 10:00 here so he might be awake.

"Hello?" the voice sounded soft and slow.

"Dad?" I asked.

"Candle!?" his voice perked up and he sounded like he tripped over something,

"Yeah..," I said.

"What! I thought you were dead. Is you mother okay, where have you guys been. I got a letter saying you had crashed somewhere in the Amazon and it said you had almost no chance of surviving," he said really fast. I heard that there was another voice in the background.

It sounded like Grampa. He was asking who was on the phone. My dad answered back with my name and then I heard a crashed and what sounded like my Grammy yelling. I heard a

beep.

"Candle you're on speakerphone," Dad said.

"Ok, listen I don't have much time. It's mid July and the solstice is coming up soon. We have about two weeks. I need you to gather up everyone you know who is a bender. And also, there is a family who lives in Yellowstone national park. Ask for Creg. Also, can you call mom. And before you say your name tell her that Candle sent you. She might not talk to you any other way," I told her. My voice hurt to talk about mom that way to dad.

"Okay," was all I heard before I took the phone off my ear and hit end. I was sure that Dad said something else, but I couldn't bear to hear it.

"Tina do you have a fast way to deliver mail?" I asked her. She only smiled. She brought out a large bowl. It had coals in the bottom.

"This is called Fire Flight. It can send anything to anywhere as fast as you want," she said. She lit the coals and then started to chant something. The fire turn green then purple then orange and finally stopped at pink.

"Say where you want it to go," she said.

I took out two letter. One for Amber and one for Jack," To the Amazon Jungle. The water tribe. Amber and Jack."

I through the letter in. The fire seemed to eat them. I waited for probably 3 minutes till the fire started to look like it was going to cough up something. Then out of the fire came a small slip of paper. On it read a single word:

Okay

I smiled. One more place to send a letter. I pulled out a letter that said Aldo, Henry, and Maria. I through it into the fire," Northwestern Italy. To Henry, Aldo, and Maria. Who are Earthbenders."

I once again waited a for minutes and got back a larger slip of paper. It read:

We're on our way.

I once again smiled. I would talk to my friends and Mrs. Torri tomorrow. She would surely help. After all everyone is in the same boat right?

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Vote, comment, and follow.