• Chapter 4 'Coffee Kickstarter'

"I'll pass," I said, swooshing around, but I felt a sturdy grip on my left wrist, pulling me towards him and yanking me down.

"Hmph," I grumbled

~~~~~~~~~

Vincent held tightly onto my waist, plopping me on his lap. I felt violently uncomfortable and squirmed in attempt to get out of his grip; no luck.

"Stay still, sweetheart~" He raised his voice, yet keeping his composure. I stayed completely still, silent aswell. He slowly began to lose grip, making me escape, I sat next to Scott silently.
Jeremy played (horror movie of choice.) Whilst sharing some popcorn.

Whenever I got scared, Scott lended a bandaged hand to squeeze. I wondered why Scott's hands were bandaged, what had happened?
Not only were they twice the size of my hands, they were pretty warm too.  I noticed his neck became redder whenever I held them.

~~~~~~~~~

When the movie was finished, it was around 5:00 pm.
Fritz piped up at the end of the movie,   different varieties of chips sprawled beneath his feet.
"Can we pleeaase eat something? I'm starving!"
Mike growled.
"You just ate!"
I smiled
I think I've found some great friends.

Jeremy stopped their conversation.
"Y-you g-guys s-s-should go h-h-home s-soon; my d-d-dad's c-c-coming back..." He paused, looking at the time on his phone. "N-n-now!"
Before I could blink, everyone was running around the house, picking up the trash, making it look untouched.
Scott, Fritz and Vincent ran out of the back door, leaving Mike and I behind.
"We need to-" Mike's hasty warning was interrupted by the sound of a door slamming open.
"O-o-oh n-n-no."

~~~~~~~~~
Jeremy's father was quite a character,   holding a carton of beer. He wore a  stained white tank top, the stained bit was fairly transparent, he also had some bland grey sweatpants pulled upwards.
"Whaaat the FUCK are they doing here, Jeremy?" His words were slightly slurred as he hobbled over to his son. Jeremy took a few steps back.
"T-t-they w-w-were -j-just leaving, dad."
Jeremy's dad was fairly intimidating, taller than Jeremy but not taller than Mike.
"What did I telll yoouuu about Schmidt being ere'? And whooo's that one?" He pointed a pale white finger at me.
"I-I'm (y/n) s-sir.." I whined.
Jeremy's dad scrunched up his nose, I cold smell alcohol in his breath.
Mike stood in front of me.
Is Mike, protecting me?
"We don't wanna cause any trouble, sir. (Y/n) and I will be in our way." Mike said confidently, whispering a 'sorry' in Jeremy's ear.
Mike held my hand, his grip wasn't that tight, but enough to pull me away.

~~~~~~~~~
All the cars had already driven away, leaving Mike's white Jeep.
He reached his car, not realising that he had held my hand the entire way. I could see his face turn beet-red. He shook my hand away, refusing to look at me.
"T-thank you! I thought I was gonna die back there!" My voice was less shaky, but I tapped my foot anxiously.
"No problem." He grumbled. "Where's your car?"
"Oh, Scott drove me since my car is at Fazfucks."
I saw a smile grow on his face when I said his nickname for the workplace.
It really isn't that bad
He cleared his throat, his smile fading away.
"I'll drive you. Hop in." He didn't offer,  he ordered.
He waited for me to hop in before going in the driver's seat.
"Let's get the hell out of here."

~~~~~~~~~~~
//TW BLOOD//

I layed in my bed, closing my eyes and going out immediately.

"Mike? Mike?" Scott and I yelled out into the dark, following the muffled screams.
Scott covered my mouth and my eyes, but it was too late, I had seen it all. Mike's body was stuffed into a suit, his blood staining it's brightly colored fur, his mouth agape.
BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEEP
You could see his thick crimson blood all over the floor; even a dent in the door as a attempt to get out.
BEEP BEEP, BEEEP BEEEEP

//TW OVER//

I woke up in a blur of tears, my mind and my heart racing.
11:34, shit.
Rushing to get ready, I took a quick shower and put my shirt on, hastily buttoning it up.
I slid my skirt on, still fairly unhappy I had to wear a skirt to work, especially at winter.
Fuck, my car, my car.
I ran out to see a familiar Jeep in the driveway.
"Someone's late." Mike teased.
"I had a bad dream.."
"Sure you did, sleepy."
~~~~~~~~~~~
11:50 PM
I bolted to the office, seeing Fritz, Scott and Vincent peering around the room in boredom.
"Wondering when you we're gonna get here, sweetie~" Vincent cooed.
"S-sorry." I avoided eye contact. I was still a bit confused about my nightmare.
"Where's Jeremy?" Mike said gruffly.
"Dunno, haven't seen him since the afternoon." Scott answered.
"I hope he's alright..." I mumbled.
~~~~~~~~~~
11:55 PM

Five minutes had passed-- still no signs of Jeremy.
"Jeremy would be here by now " Fritz said,.for once, without food.
Where the hell is Jeremy?

~~~~~~~~~
(( Hiyaaaa! I finally wrote chapter four!! Please tell me how you guys have been while I've been gone! Yes, I know this one is a bit crappy, but I'm super tired and haven't really been getting into writing. Thank you for reading!!))