Chapter two

I woke up to the sounds of birds outside my window since I always leave it opened now, "What time is it?" I asked myself, sitting up I looked over towards the clock hanging on my wall, 9:34am.

My door suddenly opened as my mom stood there with a tray full of food, "Good morning sleepy head," She said smiling, "Ella told me you had another bad night."

I chuckled rubbing my eyes, "She tells you everything, doesn't she?"

She just laughed not answering my question, "She's just worry."

"I know."

There was a slight moment of silence, "So I made some pancakes since I know their your favorite."

"They most certainly are." I smiled taking the tray from her.

There were three neatly stacked pancakes with syrup dripping down the sides of them, a fruit cup with sliced strawberries, bananas and blueberries. Plus a glass of milk, mom really out did herself.

"This looks amazing, thank you so much."

She bent down kissing my four head, "No problem Honey, how's your leg feeling this morning?" She asked curiously.

"Feels okay, hopefully soon I'll be able to walk with out the crutches." I replied, a mouth full of pancakes.

"Hopefully." She chuckled.

When Mom found out I was in the hospital she panicked and was non stop asking questions, I don't blame her honestly if my daughter was shot I would be too.

But I just told her I wasn't ready to tell her and I'm not sure if I'd ever be ready. I'm really lucky to have a patient mom because I think other moms would be going crazy.

"Well," She said wiping her hands onto her jeans, "I better go fix Ella something or else she'll have a mini heart attack." I nodded my head as she left the room, clothes the door behind her.

As I finished eat my breakfast, I got on my phone scrolling through social media. Everyone looked so happy, living their best lives as my life felt frozen in time.

Maybe my mom was right. Maybe I should go out and do something, sitting here isn't going to make Alec wake up. Once I was finished I put the tray on my night stand as I sat up and grabbed my crutches, "Lets do this."
***

"I can't believe you actually wanted to hang out, other than the hospital of course." Ann said, a mouth full of ice cream.

"Yeah well sitting around isn't gonna make anything better." I replied taking another sip of my strawberry milkshake.

She threw her hand up in the air, "That's what I've been telling you!"

I laughed shaking my head, "I know."

"Look I understand, it sucks not knowing when he's gonna wake up but you just have to have patience." She smiled.

I'm really glad I have her, when she found out I was in the hospital she came to visit almost everyday. Even coming to my physical therapy to cheer me on.

She doesn't know what happened and she said she doesn't want to which makes things much easier for me because I really don't want to relive everything that happened to me. It's bad enough I have to dream about it.

"Is your shake good?" She asked breaking the silence.

I nodded my head, "Very."

She then took her hair and pulled it into a tight ponytail, "Alright well you can bring it with, let's go" she said standing up leaving her unfinished ice cream.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll find out soon." She laughed secretly.

She grabbed my hands helping me stand up, "Got it?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah."

"Good."
***

We pulled up to my house as I gave her a strange look, "The whole point of hanging out is to not be at my house." I said still looking at her.

"Oh shut up and let's go."

After she helped me with getting out of the car we both walked towards the front door as she opened it slowly, "Surprise!" A bunch of people jumped out almost giving me a heart attack.

"What's going on?"

Ann smiled at me, "Well I knew you couldn't go to your graduation or anything like that so we decided to throw you a small congratulations party on finishing high school." She said excited.

"You guys shouldn't have." I replied looking around, everyone was here, everyone except Alec.

"Hey long time no see!" Chase yelled giving me a hug, "Hey! How's your arm?" I asked looking down at his arm that was still in a cast from that night.

"It's healing, how about your leg?"

I nodded, "Soon I'll finally be able to walk with out these things" I smiled.

Giving me one last hug he went off, most likely to find food. I felt happy to see everyone here and I haven't felt happy in a long time.

There was a large banner hanging on the wall that read, "congratulations" and tons of other decisions to go with it.

"Do you like it?" My mom asked walking up behind me, "Of course!" I yelled looking back at her.

There were people all standing around talking and laughing, looking like they are all having the time of their lives and I think that's what made me the most happy.

Having loved ones all around me enjoying themselves, yet I couldn't help but think about Alec and how bad I wish he could be here.

I walked over to the couch sitting down, "Are you enjoying yourself?"

Looking over I saw Nate as he sat next to me, "I am." I smiled.

He returned the smile pulling something out of his pocket, "Alec gave me this before we got taken, he wanted to give it to you."

He then handed me a little black box, I opened it without a second thought and there sat a little heart shaped necklace with the words I love you imprinted onto it.

"He always had a hard time expressing his self, who would of known he's a big softy." He chuckled.

Tears flooded my eyes as I wrapped my arms around his neck, "Thank you." I cried softly.

Alec never told me he liked me let alone loved me. When I asked him how he felt he froze up and said that he didn't know.

Nate took the necklace from my hand as he turned me around so that he could put it on me, "You look beautiful." He smiled.

That's when all of a sudden Chase jumped up from a chair close by with his phone in his hand.

"Guys he's awake!"