Chapter Four

I woke up to feel my hands tied above my head to a bedpost. My gag was gone although, and my ankles were untied, I blinked blearily as the room came into focus. I pulled on my binds against the bedpost, and frowned and began to analyze the room.

"No use," A voice spoke up. I jerked back, slamming my back into the bedpost and winced before I glanced to my right. Another girl looked at me, snickering slightly at my reaction. Her features told me she was Korean and with her light, blemish-free, smooth skin, shoulder-length dark hair - minus a few lighter strands in the front of her head- and paired with onyx-like eyes she looked like she stepped out of a magazine. I should know, I often worked in that industry. "Our bonds are strong, and we're too out of reach if anything that could help us in this mostly-bare room.... well, except ourselves." A small smile played on her lips at her last comment.

What? Don't tell me she's another storybook character. I racked my head for anyone that could match her, but came up empty. I sighed before I finally asked, "What's your name."

"Well, yesterday it was Chung-Hee, a recently transgendered female that had the kindest soul. The day before that, Samatha, a seductress who could hold her own in a liquor contest...and today, I'm just me- Chun-Hei." A smirk grew on her face from my obvious confusion and she shook her head. "You're new, aren't you?"

"To being kidnapped?" I quipped. "Just a bit."

"Didn't peg you for a sarcastic one," Chun-Hei chuckled as she faced me. She gave a one-shouldered shrug as best as she could with her wrists tied up. "Let me guess...you're a sheltered girl, you haven't traveled out if your city, much less kidnapped to your birthplace."

I bristled at the blatant assumptions before responding, "Wrong and wrong, and what?" Why does everyone refer to this place as my birthplace, my 'home'.

Chun-Hei shrugged once more, "Haven't you figured out where you are? You 'ought to have by now, don't tell me Pan's sleep blood has fried your brains."

"Neverland..." I trailed off as I recalled the last part of her sentence. "Sleep blood, yes, what was that? He bled gold in front of me!"

"Of course," Chun-Hei snorted as if this was basic knowledge. "It's from his grandfather. Anyways, bingo. Have you figured out what you are?"

"A human captive of Peter Pan-" I began.

"No," she hissed at me and I flinched at her sudden malice. "I don't know in hell you have them convinced your a stupid, lost mermaid but you're not, okay? You're like me."

"What?" There it is, I thought. Always talking about how I belong here, what do they mean?

"Either way, they'll find out soon and they'll just use and discard you-"

"She's in here," a voice spoke from outside the wooden door. It was a familiar one, but I couldn't quite place it, my memory still hazy from the awakening. "With the shapeshifter siren."

"How do you know she is a siren?" This was another voice, a female one.

"We saw her bleed on the deck, black blood, she was trying to poison Curly. But Curly had already laced her drink with Pan's blood."

I gagged slightly as the footsteps stopped at the door. How did we know they didn't have HIV or a blood-transmitted disease? We didn't. The door handle clicked as a key was inserted and turned and so did my memory. Shapeshifter...Chung-Hee... Chun-Hei can change her appearance. I looked towards the girl beside me as it dawned on me, how did I know this was her real form?

"A siren and a mermaid together?" The female, unknown voice popped up again. "It's a surprise the siren hasn't eaten her at this point." I paled, they did think I was a mermaid...how? Was it because of the 'Call' as Peter had referred to it?