Chapter 4

P.o.v: Shikamaru

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ
Time Skip to 1.5 hours later, about 6:00 pm
ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

I left Asuma sensei's house, giving a pleasant sigh while walking down the road.

I had stopped by on my way to Choji's to pick up a present for him: A bag of potato chips.

I looked up at the sun hanging low on the horizon, and let my mind wander, trusting my body to remember the frequently taken route to the Akimichi Clan residence.

Upon arrival, I knocked on the door, and was greeted by Choji, who instantly took notice of the chips.

I handed him the bag, and explain Naruto's plans for the night.

He nods, and walks into his house, promising to be right back. I hear faint chatter coming from the kitchen area, and Choji's heavy footsteps as he makes his way back to the front of the house.

"Alright Shikamaru, I'll be there. Thanks for the snacks!"

I laugh, and give him my signature wave as I head in the direction of my home.

இஇஇஇஇஇஇஇஇஇஇஇஇஇஇ
Time Skip to after he gets home
இஇஇஇஇஇஇஇஇஇஇஇஇஇஇ

P.o.v Shikaku Nara (Shikamaru's father)

"Fine, you can go. You better stay out of trouble Shikamaru!"

My wife had just spent twenty minutes arguing with our son about him spending the night with the Uzumaki.

Little did he know, I was listening to the whole conversation, waiting for the perfect time to approach him.

Yoshino and I had come up with somewhat of a "plan" to see how Shikamaru felt about Naruto. She was interested in Shikamaru's true feelings for the blonde, as we had caught him mumbling about Naruto under his breath, saying how troublesome the situation was.

I had tried to convince her to let our son resolve the issue himself, going on and on as long as I could about how much of a drag it would be to get involved, but she gave me one of her looks, saying she had made up her mind.

The plan was, once an opportunity came up, Yoshino would deny him the freedom to hang out with the Uzumaki, and we would see how long he would try to convince her otherwise. If he stood by his request long enough, she would agree. This would tell us that he has to really care about Naruto, or else he wouldn't put up such a fight to see him.

He's always been too lazy to argue for more than two minutes in the past.

Then comes my part.

I am to question him about why he would want to be around a "demon".

Depending on his reaction, we will be able to determine his feelings.

'This is gonna be a drag...'

P.o.v: Shikamaru

'Ugh, why does she have to be such a crab?' I think to myself, coming out of my room with a bag of overnight things. I head towards the front door, only to be cut off by yet another parent of mine.

"Need something Dad? I have somewhere to be."

"Why the rush, where are you going?" He asks.

I sigh. 'I don't have time for this.'

"I'm staying the night at Naruto's house with Kiba, Choji, possibly a few others. Why, what's it to you?"

He narrows his eyes a bit, but doesn't comment on my choice of words.

"The nine-tails? You're friends with that Jinchuriki?" He questions.

I can feel my anger rising at the sound of those oh-so-familiar words.

'He's acting just like the girls from the academy..'

"His name is Naruto Uzumaki, and Don't compare him to that demon. He's nothing like that thing, he's a good guy," I spit out in the most unforgiving tone I can muster. I walk towards the door once more.

"Touchy, " I hear him say behind me.

I scoff. 'What does he expect? I'm not just gonna let him insult Naruto like that.'

"Don't go gettin' all crazy Son. We'll see you tomorrow, love you," He reminds me as I turn the door handle, walking out into the cool evening breeze.

"I know Dad. Just.. Don't be so quick to judge Naruto when you don't actually know what he's like in person." I decide to let him off the hook about the Jinchuriki thing.

I don't catch his reply. I turn around to ask him what he said, but barely catch his smirking face as he retreats back into our home.

I sigh.

'What's his problem?' I wonder as I head in the direction of Naruto's neighborhood.

P.o.v: Shikaku

"Honey, I think our son is in love with Naruto Uzumaki."

End of Chapter

Sorry for making Shika's parents out of character, it kinda just had to be that way for the plan to seem realistic.

If you didn't know, Yoshino is the name of Shikamaru's mother.