2-Training

Lana woke up early, so she could practise with Ciara. She was ready to become a sniper to protect her sister. It had been her dream to fight alongside her sister, and finally, she was old enough to do so. Ciara and Lana headed to the legion headquarters. Lana would meet the members of the legion where she would then get trained to become an assassin. When they arrived, it shocked Lana to see that there were only three people present. She had expected to see more.

She turned towards Ciara, "This is all?" She asked.

"This is all," Ciara replied. "This is Ash, he is the sniper, and he will teach you how to work the weapons you choose." He had black hair and black eyes that intimidated Lana. He was wearing all black, which made him seem even more intimidating than he already looked.

"This is Lincoln. He is our tank. Though tanks can use multiple weapons such as wheels, spear, blade, he uses a sword just like me. Occasionally he will switch to blade, but usually, it's a sword." Lincoln had long black hair and he looked kinder than Ash looked.

"And this is Dawn. She is the healer, she can use any instrument or a fan to fight. She can cause a lot of damage and use the damage the opponent takes to heal us." She was wearing a grey hanfu that had flower patterns. She had long black hair, tied traditionally.

"Hi, I am Lana, nice to meet you all!"

They all smiled at her. "Alright, come with me, I'll show you around," Ash said walking away from the group.

Lana followed him, looking around the place. So this was the place her sister had built, she felt a surge of emotions. Lana had always dreamt of being here, fighting by her sister's side, even if that meant she could get hurt. After the death of their parents during the underworld war, Lana and Ciara only had each other. At the time Lana was only 10, and Ciara was 18, the same age as Lana now. She had seen how her sister trained every day and night to get stronger while taking care of Lana at the same time.

"Here we are," Ash said pulling Lana out of her thoughts. "This is all that I can offer you at the moment, pick one that pulls you."

Lana looked at the weapons displayed in front of her, there were magical guns, handguns, shotguns, machine guns, and rifles. Each one looked different, and she couldn't pick one. How would she know which one is the one for her? She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She thought about her parents and her sister. Opening her eyes slowly, she relied on her heart to pick one rather than her brain. If this was her destiny, her heart would know which one to pick.

When she looked at the table, she could only see three firearms. Lana touched the cold metal, letting the coldness of the metal pierce her finger. She knew these were the ones. Ash put away all the other weapons and kept the three firearms out. The rest of the day he taught her how to properly grip her rifle, support grip, alignment, aim, and shoot. Although she wasn't the best, she was learning.

"Don't pull, press the trigger."

He taught her how to calculate the distance properly, and knowing how to aim at a target that is moving too fast. Because of her math history, she easily picked up the calculations part of it. He then showed her how to load the machine gun.

"Insert the magazine of ammunition into the firearm's magazine port. Pull back the charging handle and release it, this moves one shell from the magazine into the chamber where the shell is ready to be fired, then move the selector switch from safe into semi-automatic, burst or fully automatic mode. You can then pull the trigger." He said while doing each step slowly for her to remember.

She did it a few times herself, so she could build her muscle memory, doing it faster each time.

"Our energy lasts longer than others because we do not have to physically fight, but it is not unlimited. During combat, make sure you are carrying enough energy potion with you, and bullets."

After the long day of learning, Lana was exhausted. Once she was better at handling her weapon, she would then start by killing weaker opponents, such as beginner land monsters, and gradually kill harder and harder ones.

~*~

The next day, Lana worked on aiming and shooting the whole day. Ash had made a row of small and bigger objects that she had to shoot, some on the ground, some flying and some moving. Lana was improving, and her magic ability was increasing slowly, along with her endurance. She hadn't been able to see her sister all-day and was looking forward to telling her about her day. Walking up to Ciara's office, she heard voices in the distance.

"Are you sure? Even your body won't be able to withstand such force. If we both do it together, we can last longer."

"If I use that, it will be okay. I cannot afford to lose another member."

"That?! You absolutely cannot! It will take over, no one has done it successfully." Lana peeked inside and saw Lincoln and her sister. Dawn was standing further away from them, but she wasn't saying anything.

What were they talking about? What is that? Lana knocked on the door, and they all turned to look at her. Smiling, Ciara welcomed her in.

"All done for the day?" Ciara asked Lana.

"Yup."

"You ready to head home then?" Lana looked at Dawn and Lincoln, who still had worried expression plastered on their faces. She wanted to ask but knew it wasn't her place to intervene. All that she could do was worry. Nodding, she looked at her sister in the eyes. Pain, grief, anger all hidden behind a smile she put on for the world. It pained Lana that she could not take those emotions away from her sister, but if she could, she wanted to make it a little easier to bear.

While heading home, Lana talked about her day and Ciara could see how her little sister was excited about everything. She couldn't help but notice how her sister, who she always felt was a small precious being, was now grown up and talking about training with her. Even if it cost her her life, Ciara would give it up willing to protect her little sister.

Even if Ciara wished to protect her sister and keep her away from danger, if Lana was born with magical abilities there was nothing that could be done. It was destiny. But she knew that no harm would come Lana's way as long as she was alive. Ever since Lana's small fingers had grabbed Ciara's big hands, she knew she would do anything for her baby sister. A tear rolled down Ciara's face, remembering the day their parents passed away. How it broke everything she held close to her heart. She had sworn that day she would never let evil rule the world.

~~

Hello. I hope you enjoyed reading the chapter. Thank you for sticking around for so long. It means a lot to me.

If you liked the chapter, please vote.

See you in the next chapter. <3