1.

Alex was sitting on a sofa. The TV in front of him was on and some random black and white movie was flickering across the screen.
He had no idea why he was watching it. Guess he wasn't a party people. In the back he could hear the music playing quietly and people chattering. Alex was wondering what Zach was doing right now. Probably getting himself drunk and starting a fight again. Or at least argue with some random people.
The brown haired guy had no idea what was wrong with his best friend the past few days...weeks. He had never seen him like that. Maybe being an little asshole sometimes, being unfriendly. But not drunk all the time. He had tried to figure it out, he still wanted to but after the kiss on the rooftop, something definitely changed between them. Things changed after the locker room incident, after they slow danced in his room. After Zach confessed to him that he thought he killed Bryce.
But he couldn't compare these moments with moment on the rooftop.

Alex sighed and got up. He couldn't just sit around here and do nothing while Zach was literally the one who picked him up and dragged him to this party. He also had to figure out what was going on with his best friend.
So he pulled the curtains aside and made his way through all these people, some of which he knew and some of which he didn't. The steps where right in front of him, then made his way downstairs and and down the hallway.

Alex still wondered where Zach was. He hadn't see him since they entered the house. Just suddenly disappeared into the crowd of people. Possibly wanted to get drunk as fast as possible. To drown the things that where going on inside him.
In the distance he could hear someone playing the piano.
He went around the corner and with that he could see Zach sitting by the piano, fingers gliding over the keys. The darker haired boy looked down but Alex still could see that he was drunk. Maybe not as much drunk as usually but still a little.

Alex couldn't deny that seeing him sitting didn't make his heart skip a beat.
He never heard him playing the piano. Actually, he didn't even know that his supposed-to-be best friend could play it.
He felt a little sting inside his his stomach, realising that he never knew about Zach hidden talent.
Why didn't he told him?
Actually why should he. Alex himself kept thing hidden away from Zach. Even after promising to tell each other everything.

He didn't approach him, instead he leaned on the wall and watched his best friend playing some soft tunes. In the corner of his eyes he could see Clay joining the darker haired boy at the piano. All of the sudden they started to sing together.
Alex could feel his cheeks flushing a light pink. Even drunk Zach's voice sounded beautiful. Ignoring Clay, he only focused on his best friends voice. The deep but soothing one. The one voice that told him so many things over the past years.
The voice he enjoyed listening too. Even if it was just rambling nonsense like on the rooftop.
After the kiss. After the taller boy caught him from slipping and falling to his death.
His thoughts drifted to the kiss again. But he liked everything about this moment. The kiss, the strong arms around him.
Why did he do that? He could have destroyed their friendship.
Friendship.

Alex scoffed himself for that. Calling it a friendship while he literally was in love with his best friend.
It didn't came out of nowhere. He developed a minor crush on him during the trials, when Zach looked after him. His crush went beyond minor the evening he showed him how to slow dance.
And it developed during the case of Bryce' death. That's also the reason why Alex tried not to be around him as much as usual.
It just hurt him knowing that they wouldn't be able to have any future together.
Zach was definitely straight. Wasn't he?

Zach eyes switched from Clay who was singing next to him to the piano keys, he closed his eyes for a few seconds and laughed between some of the lines.
He let his eyes scan the room and even with his drunken vision he could see Alex in the crowd of people. Watching him, but it looked like he was caught in his thoughts. He wondered what the smaller boy was thinking about.
The moment he catched him from falling?
The moment Alex kissed him?
He stared at his best friends some seconds longer, still singing and playing the keys.
Why was he suddenly thinking about the kiss?
The soft lips on his own. Out of the sudden. He never expected this to happen but he also didn't hate it. It was weird at first but right after he was about to enjoy it, Alex pulled away.
He had no idea how to react, so he just started to ramble nonsense.
Zach hated himself for this, because he couldn't admit his feeling right there. To afraid it was just a "heat of the moment" kiss. To afraid of getting reject. Because why would someone love him anyway? Especially someone like Alex.