✨ All nighters

Pairing : University student Hisoka Morow x High School senior reader
———————————————————————-

High school exams.

Final year.

Final semester.

Final all nighter for the year.

You couldn't wait to wash out the excessive amount of coffee you've consumed in the past week. Your High school career (if it is considered one) was relatively better than what you expected. Not as romanticised as it is in media, but after four years, you had genuine friends, a loving boyfriend, and most importantly, multiple entrance scholarships.

Every time the realisation of attending your favourite university hit you, your mind becomes all fuzzy and body all tingly. "I call it an excessive electron overflow. Now stop vibrating," said Hisoka one night when he placed a warm hand atop your heated forehead, as coffee wouldn't let you sleep.

Hisoka Morow, one of your five best friends and your current boyfriend. He already finished his first year at the Yorknew medical school when you first met him this last at a biology convention.

You still remember it as clear as day how his steady voice argued with someone, "you think testing on disabled non-human test subjects is justified? How about you let me test on you since you're no human if you act like that and you don't have the capacity to think like one anyway!"

Staring at your laptop screen and reviewing your biology notes, but the fleeting memories never failed to make your heart skip a beat whenever you thought about Hisoka.

Speaking of which, he blasted into the room, two cans of coffee in one hand, an apple in the other, the devil sure loves you.  He placed the items on your table and with the most cheerful voice he greeted, "snack time♠️" You took a bite, "An apple a day, keeps the doctor away. Yet here you are. AGAIN."

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean!" He screeched, brows furrowed and nose all scrunched. He stood behind you, cupping your cheeks to look at him, and placed a feather kiss atop your heated head, "doesn't matter cause you can't get rid of this doctor anyway." How absolutely-not-tacky, you inwardly smiled.

"Hisoka-san, come here and kiss me!" you whined like a baby, teasing him because after 8 months of dating he was adorably still so shy with any forms of intimate affection. He wrapped you with a warm blanket, messaging your arms a little along the way. Turning you around in your seat, he kissed your lips, slowly and passionately, like he was trying to pour his purest intentions into it.

You kissed him back as your right hand brushed his cheek, your mind became all flustered at an unexpected initiation of affection. Nonetheless, you weren't complaining.

Upon parting, his glazed eyes looked down at your lips, small heaved breaths filling the air, the taint on his cheeks a lot heavier, "Not bad for someone with a coffee breath." Your eyes widened at his witty remark, talk about back handed compliments. "Not bad for someone who looks like a man in his mid thirties but somehow manages to pull of a beautiful young lady like me."

"I might look like a man in his mid thirties but I'm the man that you want," he said staring intensely in your eyes without looking away. When did Hisoka transform from an innocent shy baby, to this one who's not ashamed of bold statements as such. This sure was damn attractive on him, you wouldn't mind seeing more of it.

"You're still as cute as ever Hisoka-san," you smiled up at him, happy small wrinkles around your eyes, an indication of your sincere smiles. He blinked at your sudden shift of tone and blushed upon your rare sweet words, "you always have to ruin my moment, don't you?"

You keenly smiled at him, as he took your hands into his, "I know I say this a lot but I am so proud of you, baby. I really am. Your hard work, your passion to learn, your accomplishments and mistakes, every thing. I can't wait to see you achieve so much more, and I can't wait to be there by your side when you do."

And just like that, with one statement, one action, and you started making heart eyes for him. He always had a way to surprise you with just the kindest words. You were so grateful for him and you couldn't ever say that to him.

You leaned in for another kiss, but instead head butted him so hard he whined. Turning around in your seat, "You have no business making me giddy over you at this time. Hisoka, sleep deprivation is getting to you. Make your way to the bed please."

He mewled in pain and rubbed his forehead, "only if you come with me, m'lady," he wiggled his eyebrows at you as he parted, making you chuckle like an idiot in the middle of the silent night.

———————————————————————-